Participant

hello so i finaly upgraded my modem to a 24x8 modem now

so lets say ppl who are  on ultra and they get 140 or so down and 11up  will they be automaticly upgraded to the 400dwn 20up plan for the same that they are paying now ?? 

or will they have to call in to get it and get charged extra ?

8 REPLIES
Helper

Re: hello so i finaly upgraded my modem to a 24x8 modem now

Generally speaking, when your location has a change in speed you should receive that bump for the tier that you are subscribed to. If you currently have Spectrum base intrernet you'd get the new base internet speed...Ultra for new Ultra...etc. This all is dependent of you being on a Spectrum plan and not an old TWC plan and having a modem that supports those new speeds. 

Proven Sharer

@reds91185 wrote:

Generally speaking, when your location has a change in speed you should receive that bump for the tier that you are subscribed to. If you currently have Spectrum base intrernet you'd get the new base internet speed...Ultra for new Ultra...etc. This all is dependent of you being on a Spectrum plan and not an old TWC plan and having a modem that supports those new speeds. 

If a customer-owned modem does NOT support the higher speed (none appear on the  Spectrum approved list for use at 400 Mbps) your speed can't be changed, unless you agree to rent a gateway unit from Spectrum. that works at the new  speed.

Expert

Do you see 24dsx4us channels? If so, it should upgrade.. 16x4 won't

Helper

There are 5 modems on the Spectrum approved list for the 400 tier where I'm located... including the SB6190 and the CM600

https://www.timewarnercable.com/en/support/internet/topics/modems.html 

Expert

Karl, it's the 1 gig service that doesn't have supported modems yet

At this time there are no commercial modems that have passed certification testing for Spectrum Internet Gig with speeds up to 940 Mbps.

Below are the recommended modems that have passed certification testing with respect to Spectrum Internet tiers up to 400 Mbps. All modems are IPv6 ready, unless otherwise noted.

Valued Participant

I'm not sure I've heard of people getting the 400 automatically in the areas that have it. Some current customers are even still paying $105 instead of $90 for ultra

If your area goes to 300 next instead of 400 that should happen without contacting spectrum
Expert

Theye ARE NOT going to lower your bill, just raise the speed, otherwise they loose money...

only possibility is a bundle and of course that raises your bill and in a year, will go way up.

Proven Sharer

Begging forgiveness - I see that the link and approved modem list have been updated again.