Not applicable

Xbox server disconnects on wired and wireless

Hello,

About two weeks ago I started having issues with staying connected to EA battlefield V servers.  At first I thought that it was a problem for DICE or EA to solve,  but after recent game updates the problem persists.  I am able to load into a given server but I'm kicked within 5 minutes, every game.  The in-game diagnostics gave a steady latency around 32, while the packet loss will rise to about 1.2 , I will then be kicked from the game.  Download/upload speeds are always good on Network Statistics, NAT is open.  I have seemingly perfect connectivity on wireless and wired conects.  

It seems like everything points to the issue coming down to EA or DICE servers.... but what's weird is that I am able to use my 4G hotspot to play BFV.  With almost triple the latency and significantly lower download/ upload speeds, my Phone's hotspot will allow me to stay on the servers.  

Another interesting find is that I am able to play all other games on wifi without a problem.  I've tried Xbox's troubleshoot guide & EA's....tried port forwarding and pretty much everything else.  For SOME REASON my wifi will not allow me to play battlefield, the only way to stay connected is by using 4G data.

Any thoughts or possible fixes?  All staff members on other forums tell me that it's my ISP, and that i probably need new router/modem but i have a Ubee E31U2V1 router, which is supposed to be newer - also gets great speeds and connectivity,  Just not on my favorite game.

I am going to try the xbox on someone else's wifi to see if the problem subsides, I will update this post tomorrow.

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5
Not applicable

Re: Xbox server disconnects on wired and wireless

I took my Xbox to my girlfriend's house and ran Battlefield V without a problem!  Stayed connected and played the game out.  She also has spectrum wifi....What could this be?? Could the EA emploees be correct in saying i need a new router??

Helper

Are you saying that you have these issues while the Xbox is connected both via wifi AND direct ethernet to either the modem or router?

Have you direct connected straight to the modem while playing this game? If you still have problems then it is not a router issue.

Not applicable

Yes, I have connected the Xbox directly to the modem via ethernet and I still lose connection to EA servers.  Battlefield is the only game that I am unable to play on my internet connection.  To reiterate, I am able to stay connected to the servers on 4G using my phone's hotspot and my gf's Spectrum wifi worked as well.  I only lose connection playing this particular game, on my specific wifi.

Thank you for the response, @reds91185 

Not applicable

Really no support on the Spectrum forum where you are verified as a customer?  I would really like to avoid calling because I'll be on the phone for an hour and nothing will be accomplished.  

Seriously, at this point I would accept a link to a troubleshoot guide as progress......

Community Manager

@mmm02 , 

The Community Forums are intended to be peer to peer support.  For direct support, please contact us at: