Not applicable

Wireless will not connect

My husband hardwired his game system to the modem, now I cannot connect my laptop or phone to the internet. Can you have both on the UBEE router?
2 REPLIES
Highlighted
Proven Sharer

Re: Wireless will not connect

@Mscott112108 wrote:
My husband hardwired his game system to the modem, now I cannot connect my laptop or phone to the internet. Can you have both on the UBEE router?

Are you renting the UBEE modem / router from Spectrum?  Are you paying them for home WiFi?

If you are NOT paying the $5 home wi-fi fee to Spectrum, the UBEE will only allow one device to connect to the internet.  You can pay them $5 per month and have them manage your in-home Wi-Fi, or you can buy your own router to install downstream of the UBEE and maintain your own network (and save the $5 per month).  The latter method is recommended, and the router you buy will pay for itself within a year to 18 months, and YOU will have control over your LAN, not the cable company.

Helper

Re: Wireless will not connect

@Mscott112108 wrote:

Separate modem and router or combo unit? If you have separate devices, hard wire the game system to the router, not the modem. The only thing that should be connected to the modem is the router itself. 

The $5 wifi fee is not applicable if you are on either Spectrum Ultra or Gig internet tiers.