Not applicable

Wi-Fi expanders are they a great investment

I've been looking at Wi-Fi expanders that plug into the wall outlet would that be a great solution to expand my Wi-Fi range.  I ask because my modem Jack is downstairs and I'm upstairs all the time and I had to run a cable along my ceiling and so on..... 

And does the technicolor TC8715D can a Wi-Fi anntana be used on the back of it. 

And do your company have any modems like that and are in the top 3 you offer for a lease.  

And my opinion I think that should be the only type of modems u give out to people who get the fastest speed possible like me.  

And how. Is it determined what modem people get because I've read about mine on this forum and my opinion and others the one I have is crappy and the customisation settings is backwards and limited... 

Pretty NJ ugh I want to switch and lease one of the top 3 modems that the company has available that has an anntana on the back.  Plz respond asap 

Chris Jr
3 REPLIES 3
Expert

Re: Wi-Fi expanders are they a great investment

leased all in ones do not have ext antennas, Sorry, the coverage is horrible. Get it up and away from everything else.

For best coverage buy a seperate router

Power line extenders have limited bandwidth if they work at all.

repeaters cut the speed in half although that usually doesn't matter

Not applicable

My modem is literally within 18 or 20 maybe 23 steps away from my device that streams 

Chris Jr
Proven Sharer

@Chrisjr1985 wrote:

My modem is literally within 18 or 20 maybe 23 steps away from my device that streams 

Then you are a perfect candidate for a wired CAT5e connection from your rented gateway to the streaming adaptor.  That removes all WiFi coverage performance and interference issues.