Why are you blocking website IGN

Spectrum/Timewarner is blocking IGN.com

VPN on it WORKS!

VPN off no

(edited)  guys

4 REPLIES 4
Helper

Re: Why are you blocking website IGN

I just went to IGN.com with no problems on my Macbook and mini. 

Highlighted
Participant

@Heartless16 wrote:

Spectrum/Timewarner is blocking IGN.com

VPN on it WORKS!

VPN off no

(edited)  guys

http://www.ign.com/ works fine for me on a Spectrum connection using Windows 10 and IE.

What OS and browser are you using?

Contributor

Are you using a non-default DNS?

Sharer

Similar thing was happening to PSN a few days ago, but it wasn't isolated to Spectrum, but more by region. Could have been issues at Level3/Century Link again. We have seen routing through them go south like this before in the Atlanta area, who just happens to be a major peering partner for us here in the South East. Via VPN's into FL, GA, and the Carolinas and things were still knackered up, but moved out to VA and TX and things were fine again.

All this went down mid-day and appeared to be resolved by the time I got home that evening.

If it persists too much longer, could try shutting down hardware for about 10 minutes or so. Let the modem boot fully first, then router, then devices running through the router, etc... Sort of a cache flushing routine of sorts instead of doing full resets to defaults. May get lucky and get homed to a different gateway or DNS that clears things up. Sometimes it actually does work.

UPDATE: Routing issues again today at work (Saturday, 5/12). And they are no longer on Spectrum, but AT&T. Couldn't get Bungie's Destiny app to load anything unless I VPN'ed outside the Carolinas/Georgia area first. Looking more and more like it may be Level3 afterall?