Not applicable

When is 400 mps going to available in my area????

Why is it taking so long to make 400mps available  in my area? Every time  I call in they keep telling me "we re working on it" yet there are commercials running on TV saying its ready??? If AT&T ends up getting their 1000/1000mps ready first I switching....

3 REPLIES
Expert

Re: When is 400 mps going to available in my area????

Where are you and why do you think you need it?

video streams only need 10 megs per device, 20 for 4K

Gaming should be restricted to 50 megs on cable.

Participant

I have a lot of misunderstanding when it comes to internet speeds. Spectrum loudly exclaims that everyone has 100 mbps, which is nice, but why are the other speeds a major secret? If their website explained the speed packages and their costs, I may consider upgrading. The same thing goes for TV service.

Highlighted
Proven Sharer

We can't help you obtain that information.  The Community Forums are staffed by customer volunteers, some with significant experience in the world of cable networks.  In short, we're customers just like you, with no other connection to or financial interest in Spectrum.  

Of course, another reason we couldn't offer any data about when 400 Mbps will arrive in your neighborhood is that you didn't mention where you are located.  One of the big problems here in the Forums  is that many fail to tell us their individual reason for writing to request technical help with a problem.  Little helpful things like model numbers of the equipment, your ZIP code, and the signal level and event logs from the modem go a long way. 

What Spectrum IS saying is that their starting bundle speed for new customers is 100 Mbps and the quoted price includes the gateway box.  You and I are NOT new customers, so we don't get that deal.