Observer

What hardware is the consumer required to have for internet service.

Hi. 

Looking to get Internet service from Spectrum.

Will use Spectrum's Modem but will buy my own Router.

If I request Spectrum Tech Support to setup my internet home network, am I required to buy  HDMI and Ethernet cables prior to Tech Support visit?

Does anyone know what their one-time installation fee will be?

Thanks.

TC.

4 REPLIES
Helper

Re: What hardware is the consumer required to have for internet service.

According to the latest rate card in my area the standard install fee is $49.99 (ensuring the modem is up and running) and $49.99 per hour labor if you need more than the standard install.  The installer will have the necessary cables. Not sure why you would need HDMI for internet though?

Highlighted
Contributor

I thought, but could be way off the mark here, that the techs would only install/configure Spectrum provided routers, not customer owned.

Cheers.

Helper

@EddieA wrote:

I thought, but could be way off the mark here, that the techs would only install/configure Spectrum provided routers, not customer owned.

Cheers.

You are correct. Spectrum techs will not set up any customer owned equipment beyond the modem. For extra install fees they may run cable or ethernet for you, but it's up to the customer to set up their own network using equipment not leased from Spectrum.

Observer

@EddieA

If you are correct, then I will be charged with a $5.00 fee per month to rent their Router.

TC.