Not applicable

WIFI connected, but no internet access

I get this message for both 2G & 5G wifi addresses it started about 5 days ago. We've not changed or moved anything in our house. I have new modem and separate wifi router on the first level of my home. I installed wifi signal repeater on floor 3 for a roku on a TV in my workout room and our cell phone and lap top use. This set up has worked fine for the past year. But as of 5 days ago nothing is connecting to WiFi on the 3rd floor. 2nd floor where our Smart TV is we get wifi fine on both TV and cell phones but now nothing on the 3rd floor where everything was working before! I went to Spectrum website and followed online instructions for the Router to be reset which completed successfully. However, I still get this message "WIFI connected but no internet".... So frustrating!!!!
2 REPLIES
Sharer

Re: WIFI connected, but no internet access

Have you rebooted your modem, router, and repeater? That could solve the problem.

Highlighted
Proven Sharer

Re: WIFI connected, but no internet access

Good call, Stan.  When @chrisbrenda reset the router to factory defaults, the router probably picked a new/different WiFi channel that his repeater doesn't know about.  Or the default might be set for wireless=OFF.