Highlighted
Not applicable

WIFI POP UP WINDOW KEEPS OPENING ON MY DESKTOP

DEAR All,

My computer is opening up a wifi pop up window asking me to sign on. But I am already connected to wifi. Why is this happening? How can I stop this pop-up window from opening on my computer?

Thanks for any help.

10 REPLIES 10
Helper

Re: WIFI POP UP WINDOW KEEPS OPENING ON MY DESKTOP

What computer? What operating system? What version? Does this happen on all devices or only one device? When the pop up shows you are actually still connected to wifi (and internet connection is still active)?

Not applicable

REPOST: regarding pop up window for wi fi

DEAR All,

I tried to reply to Reds who was trying to help me with this issue. However, due to a glitch I was brought back to my home account page everytime I pressed reply. So here is the repost with additional information:

I am using an IMAC computer desktop. This issue of the pop up wifi window happens everytime I log on to my computer. 

If I take a look at my system preferences (network) it shows that I am connected to WIFI. 

Additionally, the wifi dohickey is shown at the top of my screen.  Without a doubt I am connected to wifi. 

My computer is opening up a wifi pop up window asking me to sign on. But I am already connected to wifi. Why is this happening? How can I stop this pop-up window from opening on my computer?

Thanks for any help.

Not applicable

Imac system MACOS Catalina. It happens only on my iMac. Yes on all for your last questions.
Not applicable

Thanks for any help. Smiley Happy

Smiley Happy

Community Manager

Re: REPOST: regarding pop up window for wi fi

@laartgal 

@laartgal wrote:

I tried to reply to Reds who was trying to help me with this issue. However, due to a glitch I was brought back to my home account page everytime I pressed reply. So here is the repost with additional information:

I moved your post to the original thread.  You can also select "quote" to choose all or part of a specific question to include in your post.  This helps provide clarity to the question you are answering or asking.   Try refreshing the page and clearing the history.  Let us know if the reply button is still giving you issues.  

Helper

@laartgal wrote:

DEAR All,

I am using an IMAC computer desktop. This issue of the pop up wifi window happens everytime I log on to my computer. 

If I take a look at my system preferences (network) it shows that I am connected to WIFI. 

Additionally, the wifi dohickey is shown at the top of my screen.  Without a doubt I am connected to wifi. 

Thanks for any help.

When opening the Network window from System Preferences or the wifi icon, is either the "Ask to Join Personal Hotspots" or "Ask to Join New Networks" button checked? 

Also, is the pop up asking you join the network you are already connected to or to a different network?

Not applicable

Hi 

I do not get a request to join networks for hot spot etc. I only get the wifi window.  The configurations all seem to be correct in system preferences. 

I cannot tell which network it is asking me to join from the pop up window. It does have a place for me to input my username and password which I have done but it takes me nowhere and it does not function. So hmmm maybe this is for a neighbors wifi? 

Helper

Can you post a picture of the pop up window you are referring to? Also, you say configurations "seem to be correct" but are you sure? You didn't answer if the two buttons I mentioned happen to be checked or not.

Not applicable

Cant upload image to this Reds.

But here goes description of pop up window:

Spectrum

Spectrum WIFI

Customer                           guest

Username        ?       Paswword

I have read and agree to the Terms of Service

Sign in