Participant

Up time on my modem

If my modem never goes out or off will the Up time on my modem go on forever? Until something causes it to go off?
6 REPLIES 6
Helper

Re: Up time on my modem

Yep, theoretically until the software rolls over.
Expert

I have mine on a UPS and it's been up for 90+ days until TWC changes chgannels or loses power.

T4 errors do reset the modem, T3's don't

Participant

MsRaye can you read my last post on the post called modem keeps resetting and tell me if that's why it keeps doing it and if that's a fix
Expert

I don't understand what you're asking about now... UP TIME?

Proven Sharer

Just remember that your UPS only covers power outages at your home. It won't help when someone drives into a pole one block away and power to the line amps goes off because TWC's UPS batteries haven't been changed or checked in years.

Expert

Many miles of TWC coaxial lines DO NOT HAVE BATTERY REVERT, You run a better chance if it's new outside plant and have business class customers or public safety on it as they have a higher priority.

I see battery backup along miles of state rt 82 between Macedonia and Mantua but none in some of the housing developments, strange since the long rnode runs are via fiber optic and there aren't any nearby fiber repeater or splice cases.

You're best off to ask one of the trucks working at one of the supplies rather than calling TWC support, they absolutely have no clue as to what's between the head end and your house. I believe the newer power supply pedestals have an alarm reporting modem in them, but for the most part, the twc tier 1-2-3 would only see a neighborhoods modems "going dark" if there's a power outtage and it might take days if it's actually a non modem/non battery backed supply that failed and not the actual ac power...

Business class is supposedly handled a little better as they're on a more responsive call center.