Rookie

Unable to log into apps on my smart phone or Verizon tablet using my Spectrum acct.

I have been away from home since Tuesday. in the past few days I have been required to re-login to apps on my devices (Android smart phone and Verizon tablet) ...  ESPN, HGTV, Motortrend, History Channel etc... These are the ones I have tried, but I imagine I am logged out of everything. I deleted the apps and reinstalled. Some times if I am on a Spectrum wifi,  the apps show the tv provider already there (Spectrum logged in automatically) and I get an error "You are not authorized to play this content. Please contact your provider". On one request I was told "Access to tjheis program is not included in your Spectrum TV Subscrition. To learn more about adding this program, visit...  Not knowing what log in was used,  I logged out and tried to log back in and got "we're sorry, somethingdi'nt work quite right. Please try again later ELI_9000. I have reported this to Spectrum as of last Thursday but they were unable to correct and were to call me back. This is rediculous that it is now3 days later and I can still not access services. Please advise!!!Screenshot_20190811-134805_ESPN.jpgScreenshot_20190811-134841_ESPN.jpgScreenshot_20190811-134905_ESPN.jpgScreenshot_20190811-150126_Chrome.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
Lead Moderator

Re: Unable to log into apps on my smart phone or Verizon tablet using my Spectrum acct.

Good afternoon. I am sorry for this. 

It is a known issue and is being worked on. 

We will have service back to normal as quickly as possible. 

Regards,

Julia R.

Spectrum-Social Media Customer Service

Lead Moderator-Community Forums

Rookie

Re: Unable to log into apps on my smart phone or Verizon tablet using my Spectrum acct.

If it is so 'Known'...  someone needs to tell the tech support people I spoke with on Thursday and earlier today.

Highlighted
Sharer

Sometimes there are issues getting through to the authentication servers. Not always an "internal" thing specific to Spectrum. It can be a routing issue through certain regions across the internet that just takes time to track down and address. And when it is happennig around a weekend it can take significantly longer.

See it happen a lot with various services... PSN, online games, email, Hulu, DirecTV Now, PS Vue, Sling, various forum websites. It is actually a fairly common problem... used to happen a lot at exchange points to Level3 networks (now part of Century Link... no connection to Spectrum). Getting in/out of Atlanta for us here in the southeast has often been a bit problematic because of it.

Since it is often a network/routing related issue not bound to anything at the end-user site or other more localized segments, the regular "help desk" levels of support likely won't know anything about it. Often times it is something usually found and addressed at a higher tier than they communicate with (Tier 1 versus Tier 3).