Spectrum Employee

Re: Unable to connect to one particular website

Maybe a DNS record issue with the site?

It works fine without the www for me (multiple computers, multiple TWC connections.  Win7 Chrome/IE11 on one pc and Win10 Chrome/Edge on the other).

The only time I get the error, is when I attempt to load the site using www.folsoi.org instead of just folsoi.org

Edit:

They return different IP addresses as well.

C:\Users\x>ping folsoi.org

Pinging folsoi.org [199.83.132.58] with 32 bytes of data:

C:\Users\x>ping www.folsoi.org

Pinging pmy7d.sitelockcdn.net [192.230.74.242] with 32 bytes of data:

Lead Moderator

Who.is is showing multiple IP results for that domain as well.

DNS Records for folsoi.org

Hostname Type TTL Priority Content
folsoi.org SOA 3599   ns1.netfirms.com hostmaster@netfirms.com 2014090652 10800 3600 604800 3600
folsoi.org NS 3599   ns2.netfirms.com
folsoi.org NS 3599   ns1.netfirms.com
folsoi.org A 419   66.96.160.207
folsoi.org A 419   199.83.132.58
folsoi.org A 419   199.83.128.242
folsoi.org MX 3599 30 mx.folsoi.org
www.folsoi.org A 299   199.83.132.242
www.folsoi.org CNAME 3599   pmy7d.sitelockcdn.net

Are you able to reach the website by IP? 

Regards,
Julia R.
TWC-Social Media Customer Care
Moderator - TWC Community Forums

Observer

Thanks to everyone for all the information I have received. I will contact the host server company, netfirms.com, and see if they can take your information and make this all clear.  Thanks again.

Spectrum Employee

@fotodiva wrote:

Thanks to everyone for all the information I have received. I will contact the host server company, netfirms.com, and see if they can take your information and make this all clear.  Thanks again.

Do they own the domain name?  Just because they host the site doesn't necessarily mean they also own the domain.  For example, I own my own .net address, but the company hosting the server it is running on has nothing to do with the domain or the setup of it.

Is there an IT group for the library?  Maybe check in with them if so.

Observer

Netfirms.com does own the domain name so I'll go back to them. We are the "Friends" of the library so the main library IT folks won't help us. I'll go back to netfirms.com. Thanks so much.
Observer

I am using Windows 10 and my broswers are Edge and Firefox and Chrome. It loaded fine for me just a few minutes ago, but I will still go back to netfirms.com with the information everyone has provided and maybe they can clear things up on their end. Appreciate everyone's help.
Trusted Helper

Guys,

Got this information recommendation regarding the site at the Web of Trust Security Forum: (WOT)

"I'm in the UK and it loaded perfectly fine for me using the Pale Moon browser.

The people running the website really ought to update their WordPress software to prevent the site from potentially being compromised." (Scroll down at the link below to see full evaluation.)

https://sitecheck.sucuri.net/results/folsoi.org/

Satch