Highlighted
Expert

Re: UGH THIS INTERNET

you'd need to look into see what each device is connected as and their speed s/b on the network connection icon

I doubt the router will have info that tells you that for wireless.. The wired however does show on the lan status page as to 10-100-1000 speeds

Valued Contributor

@MsRaye wrote:

you'd need to look into see what each device is connected as and their speed s/b on the network connection icon

I doubt the router will have info that tells you that for wireless.. The wired however does show on the lan status page as to 10-100-1000 speeds

So I guess I'd be better just doing the other things you mentioned because I have no clue how to tell which device runs which way, I am not that tech savvy.

Expert

If any one of your devices is running cloud, ondrive, Itune sync, dropbax, it will hoard bandwidth slowing down all other devices

You should also run wired as much as possible, wireless is too congested

Valued Contributor

@MsRaye wrote:

Can you get a different combo modem from TWC, like a 1672 or a (yuk) technicolor?

both do EMTA phone

I got a brand new technicolor from twc at the main office and it works amazingly right now.

I have learned my lesson, NO ARRIS MODEMS ARE GOOD. Smiley Frustrated

Spectrum Employee

I've been hearing good things about the TC8717T and TC8715D from customers.  Is this one of the models you have anon2020?  I'm just curious.

My postings on this site are my own, off-the-clock, and don’t necessarily represent TWC’s/Charter's strategies or opinions.