Observer

UBEE DDW36C1 in bridge mode

Hi,

This is a question for a business account but can be answered by residential techs.

We just upgraded our TWC 10/1 business service to Spectrum's 25/3, since the old ubee modem (non D3) was not capable of delivering the new speed tier a tech came into the office and swapped the modem with a new DDW36C.

We use a router so we placed the modem in bridge mode by checking the "Advanced->Options->Primary network Bridged" box. Everything is working fine but I saw some comments that tech support has to place the modem in bridge mode, is this true?

The modem has rebooted a few times and the bridge mode remains active, some comments say that if the modem reboots it will switch back to router mode.

So my question do I need to call Spectrum and request the modem to be put in bridge mode?

Current modem configuration is:

Standard Specification CompliantDOCSIS 3.0
Hardware Version3.22.1
Software Version8.22.2121
Cable Modem MAC Addressxx:xx:xx:xx:xx
Cable Modem Serial Numberxxxxxxxxxxxxx
CM certificateInstalled

TIA.

5 REPLIES 5
Expert

Re: UBEE DDW36C1 in bridge mode

If this drops out of bridge and into NAT, call TWC, You're also supposed to have static IP's.

Do you have more than 1? 

Was the old "modem " one of the 19" rackmount Docsis 2 Cisco's with 4 IP-lan ports? (a bunch were scrapped) I didn't think TWC ever used docsis 2 Ubees for biz class...

Ubee combo's= yuck...

I'm surprised you have a password that works, TWC was sticking them with custom ones and not  giving the customers access.

They really should supply a straight modem but only have SB6141's that are getting kinda useless in areas that have a 32 channel span...

Spectrum Employee

While @Starstuff did mention it was a business account, not all business accounts have static IP blocks assigned to them unless static IP service is requested, @MsRaye.  But, if it does indeed have a static IP block assigned it, the modem should absolutely be in bridge mode.

In regards to your inquiry, @Starstuff, the cable modem should remain in bridge mode even if it should reboot.  It is possible that when firmware updates are pushed, it MAY revert back, though I have never seen that as the case.

Regards,
Jeremiah S.
TWC-Social Media Customer Care
Moderator - TWC Community Forums

Check out the community guidelines here
Expert

Customer also switched from a "TWC 10/1 to a Spectrum 25/3 service", maybe needs to contact charter/ spectrums biz class support.  I don't know if anyone at TWC knows how they work, lol.

needs to look at the bill, see what they're supposed to be getting.

It's a whole different ball park than Residential.

Observer

This particular office doesn't have statics,  I've rebooted the router/modem and it always come back as bridged. This is why I was puzzled by some comments that say that TWC/Spectrum has to put the modem in bridge mode.

Thanks fo the reply

EDIT BTW the username/password is printed on the bottom lablel of the modem... a nice security measure Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Observer

Thanks Jeremiah,

That's what I thought since the modem/router always comes back as bridged. Like you said I've never seen a firmware update wipe out the modem/router configuration but you never know;

Anyway, thanks for the clarification.

@Twc-JeremiahS wrote:

While @Starstuff did mention it was a business account, not all business accounts have static IP blocks assigned to them unless static IP service is requested, @MsRaye.  But, if it does indeed have a static IP block assigned it, the modem should absolutely be in bridge mode.

In regards to your inquiry, @Starstuff, the cable modem should remain in bridge mode even if it should reboot.  It is possible that when firmware updates are pushed, it MAY revert back, though I have never seen that as the case.

Regards,
Jeremiah S.
TWC-Social Media Customer Care
Moderator - TWC Community Forums