Tg1672 intermittent connection

C9686E63-13AC-46B7-8C19-E364854F19E8.jpegI woke up this morning and the connection was down again. Here is the event log

1CEFA427-EEB8-4821-BD03-087135E7143B.jpegI reset the modem and used it for a little about and this was taken about 2 seconds before the whole thing reboot again.

Over the past 2 weeks I have been having serious connection issues. I would reset the modem and it would always disconnect, sometimes 2 mins after, and sometimes 30 mins after but it’s been getting really bad and on average resets 10 mins after every reboot. The connection stays dead unless I reboot the modem. This has happened before in the past and every time it has, support has just given us a new modem  so I rather get more information before I contact them again. Do you guys have any idea of what is happening? My zip code is 44272 if that is relevant. We have no tv service so we only have 1 coaxial cable leading to our modem.  I could really use some help and advice right now. Thanks ahead!

5 REPLIES
Proven Sharer

Re: Tg1672 intermittent connection

You need to schedule a tech visit. You have some bad coax issues somewhere, either loose connections or damaged coax, causing all those T3 timeouts. The power levels from one channel to the next should be fairly close to the adjoining channels but yours fluctuate a great deal.

Ok thank you so much!

Highlighted
Spectrum Employee

I'd also recommend eliminating possible splitters (amp install? reducing number of outlets from ones not being used?) and having the TG1672G swapped out (upgraded), as some of those were affected by the Intel Puma 6 Chipset issue (which DOES cause T3 timeouts when the upstream data flow is interrupted).  Oh and the TG1672G can only do two channel bonding on the 5.0 GHz bands, would benefit from one that has four channel bonding (80MHz, 20+20+20+20MHz) for 802.11ac on 5.0 GHz WiFi.

tl;dr

1. Swap upgrade modem to AWG3.0 and to eliminate possible issue with Intel Puma 6 Chipset on that make & model #.

2. Have tech see if any splitters can be reduced or eliminated (amp install?)

My postings on this site are my own, off-the-clock, and don’t necessarily represent TWC’s/Charter's strategies or opinions.

Update: Got a tech to come and he said our cables were old and they were all tangled up around something or something along those lines. He replaced everything and it’s been working for the past 24 hours with no issues. Thanks for the help!
Spectrum Employee

"Tangled" as in a hot mess of wires, old fittings, and splitters is more likely, lol!  He was probably trying to put it in layman's terms.

Glad you got it fixed up. *thumbs up*

My postings on this site are my own, off-the-clock, and don’t necessarily represent TWC’s/Charter's strategies or opinions.