Expert

Re: TWC Maxx

If you have a 16 ds ch modem and see 16 ds channels, it's close. If there's only 8, will be a while

Seasoned Contributor

I'm in Ross, Ohio... can you tell me why we are being left out of the Maxx upgrade?

Expert

You're not left out, TWC can't magicly fix everything at once, here in the Cleveland Akron area they're a year behind.

Where is Ross?

Seasoned Contributor

Ross is a little bit north of Cincinnati, in Butler county. I've been told by a Time Warner rep that there are no plans to upgrade us.

Expert

By end of this year...

Woman Frustrated

maybe

Seasoned Contributor

Cincinnati Bell will have Fioptics at my address in the next six months... maybe... no one seems to know anything, or they're not telling.

Expert

be carefull... a "fiber rich" advertised network is not FIOS which what Uverse was advertising falsely....Part of the distribution was via fiber to a SLIC and from there it used slow ADSL over old copper pairs to get to your house.

Most of TWC is Fiber as well.

Real FIOS runs fiber to the side of your house, then runs either an ethernet cable or uses MOCA over old coax to get to the router.

Seasoned Contributor

Doesn't really matter much to me, if none of it is available at my house any time soon.

Seasoned Contributor

Has anyone heard any talk about substantial discounts for people outside the upgrade area? If we can't get the upgrade, I don't think we should be paying nearly as much as people getting several times the bandwidth.

Expert

Oh come on... that's been the first complaint and twcs reply has been that all areas will get Max by the end of 2017.

Discounts? Woman LOLSmiley LOLRobot LOLCat LOLMan LOL