Not applicable

TWC Maxx

Does anyone have any info on when TWC Maxx is coming to north Greensboro in the Triad Market?

35 REPLIES 35
Expert

Re: TWC Maxx

What's your zip code?

Not applicable

Thanks for your interest. My zip code is 27455-1187.

Spectrum Employee

Unfortunately, we do not have a specific date as of yet.  You are welcome to keep checking back to see if further information is available.

Rookie

chinook, keep an eye on https://twitter.com/TWC_Carolinas As you'll see, they have been saying its in process of being upgraded now. 

Rookie

TWC originally said that they would start their upgrades in September 2015 for the Greensboro market. I have yet seen any evidence of it. I upgraded my equipment last July after agents in their call center mentioned it was coming to my area soon. I still have not heard of a single residential customer in the Piedmont been upgraded. Their lack of communication and hype for a service that TWC have not been able to deliver has left me with a bad taste. 

I'm happy to announce that AT&T just started laying fiber at my property and I will soon have AT&T Gigapower Fiber. AT&T Fiber is currently deploying in Greensboro and Winston Salem. This is sad since I been a loyal TWC customer for over 6 years.

AT&T Gigapower service will be 1000Mbps down/ 300Mbps up for $70 plus tax for Internet Only. Minimum internet lag of maybe 1ms.

TWC Ultimate is 50Mbps down /5Mbps up for a minimum of $70 plus fees + surchages+equipment+taxes+FCC Fees+cable fees=closer to $120 a month without a bundle. Bad internet lag between 20ms to 45 ms when you run Speednet.test connecting from Winston Salem to a server in Greensboro.

Don't pay attention to https://twitter.com/TWC_Carolinas they have a robot reposting the same messages every week for several months. They keep saying that the Greensboro is been upgraded and posting a link of the TWC Press announcement from July 14th, 2015.

Lead Moderator

TechGeek45, we are sorry to hear about your disappointment in the upgrade of your area. The majority of the Greensboro area are scheduled to be completed between March and June. If you would like for us to try and narrow that down for your specific location we would be happy to look into that for you.

If you will contact us directly we can check on that for you. 

We can be reached several ways:

Email: TWCable.Help@twcable.com
Twitter: @TWC_Help
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/messages/twc

Thank you for participating in the Forums.
Have a good rest of the day!

Regards,
Julia R.
TWC-Social Media Customer Care
Moderator - TWC Community Forums

Not applicable

Any updates to this? I'm in greensboro's service network but live in 27284(Kernersville). I was told by the end of the month.
Lead Moderator

Cmcharle we would need to take a look at your specific account to be able to provide update on this. 

If you would like us to take a look we would be happy to do so. 

Please contact us directly by clicking this link.

Regards,
Julia R.
TWC-Social Media Customer Care
Moderator - TWC Community Forums

Rookie

Does anyone know when this service will be turned on in Weedsport, NY 13166