Expert

Re: TWC Keeps Disabling My WIFI

Wronganswer tier 3... from another post by a TWC moderator...:

reverse on and off...

" If you are using a TWC leased modem and the wireless comes with your package we need 

to add a wireless opt out code to the account to prevent the device from doing this if updates 

are pushed out. 

The billing system will see that the wireless is supposed to be on and turn it on. With the opt 

out code on the account the billing system will not do that.

If you are wishing to bridge your device, that is fine, we do however need to alter what the 

system is telling the modem it should be doing."

Tier 3 has no clue what billing codes can do? Oh come on,

Lead Moderator

@MsRaye

@FunkDoobiest  is correct. The issue that you quote is for a TWC leased modem.

The code would be needed to disable wireless if it comes with the package.

In this case it is a customer owned modem. In this case normally WiFi codes are not needed. The code to indicate that it is a Customer Owned Modem would enable the customer to use it in whatever mode they wish. If the cable modem was used at any point as a leased modem and has made it into a customers hands, we may need to add the code.  If this does not work I would agree that the modem is not working properly and should be replaced. 

Regards,
Julia R.
TWC-Social Media Customer Care
Moderator - TWC Community Forums

Expert

If this was a leased modem by someone else, it is now a stolen modem and should not be activated at all!

As per other TWC posts with COAM speed issues, the wrong billing codes have been found and discussed here by another TWC employee.

I doubt it's a bad modem, however in dense housing, someone may be "Deauth"ing the modem.

Replacing the modem with another MFG, turning off WPS, make SSID something vague, will usually reduce/eliminate the issue.

You can also have serious interference issues that will shut down modems wireless data. Some are cordless phones and their bases, Microwave ovens, wireless baby monitors, camera's, bluetooth devices, etc.

Observer

-JuliaR
Are you a TWC employee? If so is this an issue you can personally assist with or get me in contact with someone who can? I cringe at the thought of explaining this whole issue yet again to a series of customer service reps.
Highlighted
Spectrum Employee

@JamesMerfeld wrote:
-JuliaR
Are you a TWC employee? If so is this an issue you can personally assist with or get me in contact with someone who can? I cringe at the thought of explaining this whole issue yet again to a series of customer service reps.

We'd be happy to discuss your account further if you could please contact us directly at TWC_ForumsHelp

Observer

Will do. Thanks.

Expert

@Twc-JuliaR wrote:

@MsRaye

@FunkDoobiest  is correct. The issue that you quote is for a TWC leased modem.

The code would be needed to disable wireless if it comes with the package.

In this case it is a customer owned modem. In this case normally WiFi codes are not needed. The code to indicate that it is a Customer Owned Modem would enable the customer to use it in whatever mode they wish. If the cable modem was used at any point as a leased modem and has made it into a customers hands, we may need to add the code.  If this does not work I would agree that the modem is not working properly and should be replaced. 

Regards,
Julia R.
TWC-Social Media Customer Care
Moderator - TWC Community Forums

You are not correct, TWC personell are putting in the WRONG  codes which try to make the modem something that it's not. It's like cutting a key for your honda on a Ford blank...