Browser

TWC Deliberate upload throttling???

(Lately), I have been having constant upload problems.  Been in contact with TWC Customer Care, via; chat, numerous times..  Had my modem firmware updated.  Had modem reset several dozen times.  Reset my wifi/router NUMEROUS times (which, is a giant pain)!  Some and all have (Temporarily), fixed the problem. 

However now, nothing is doing it!  I had a tech appointment scheduled (today), to come out and test a TWC modem against mine.  To see if, my modem is the problem.  Oddly enough, 15 minutes before my scheduled (window) appointment (2pm - 3pm), my upload speeds returned to normal.

Hm.  Really?  So.  Even after, talking to TIER 3 advanced care.  NOTHING has fixed my upload speeds AT ALL until, 15 minutes from my appointment.  That is VERY suspicious.

I will be pleased to let TWC know that, I am keeping tabs on SpeedTest.net with screen shots.  Showing date/time and full preview of, final SpeedTest.net results.

Normal speeds (for my account premium are); 50-62Mbps Down and; 5-7Mbps Up.

Since this problem had started, my upload speeds were VERY delayed on SpeedTest.net, ending with a max of around 700Kbps-1000Mbps.

If, there is a specific reason 'why', TWC feels the need to; throttle my upload.  I believe that, I deserve the right to have an explanation as to, why they want to do this.

Anyone else, having the same problems?

P.S.  I have ALSO, screen shot this text field BEFORE POSTING so, if they decide to 'delete' it, I will keep tabs.

38 REPLIES 38
Expert

Re: TWC Deliberate upload throttling

copy and paste your modems signal level and error log pages.

What speed are you paying for and your zip code.

also a tracert to google.com.

Is this wireless, what other devices are running?

Cloud, Itune sync, onedrive , dropbox, IM tsr's?

Browser

D-Link DCM-301

Log:

D-Link Modem Log -CLICK HERE-

----------------

I am signed up for the: Ultimate account.  55Mbps Down/5.5Mbps Up.

ZIP CODE: 44310

----------------

traceRT to Google.com Log

traceRT Log -CLICK HERE-

----------------

Wireless, yes.  Wired, does same thing.

I do not use iCloud.  I have AirDrop disabled on my, iPhone.  We use steaming media services: Netflix, Hulu.  I mostly play online gaming.  My fiance uses internet for uploading her digital artwork.  No, we don't hardly upload anything but, (when my upload is failing); online experiences are bottlenecking.

Expert

You have marginal levels and broadcast ingress from tv ch 49

What's your zip code?

Is the modem direct connected to the outsiide line or are there splitters?

Something may be corroded or loose, If nbot obvious, it will need twc out

Expert

You have broadcast tv ch's 45,47,49, 50 and  the correcteds from the ingress are probably killing your speed as well as causing the T3/ T4 errors.

Need to see the corrected/ uncorrected levels at least a couple hours after a reset.

Appreciate copy and pasted levels rather than links that I can't highlight

Tracert looks ok

Browser

I agree. 

Browser

@MsRaye wrote:

You have broadcast tv ch's 45,47,49, 50 and  the correcteds from the ingress are probably killing your speed as well as causing the T3/ T4 errors.

Need to see the corrected/ uncorrected levels at least a couple hours after a reset.

Appreciate copy and pasted levels rather than links that I can't highlight

Tracert looks ok

I do not have any Cable TV service.  I don't know how the connection is setup!  All I can see is that, there is tampering with my service and I have rescheduled the appointment for, tomorrow.

SpeedTest.net still, confirms that my upload speeds are; back to normal!  Yahoo!  So, maybe the need to make rescheduled appointments will be necessary until the problem can occur again?  Would hate to take away from their busy repair and service install schedule.

Expert

need the info I asked for on previous post.

Don't reset the modem, need the counts.

Browser

"Appreciate copy and pasted levels rather than links that I can't highlight

Tracert looks ok"

I have already TRIED to imbed pictures BUT, this site doesn't like Google's picture program.
Browser

So, you are asking for more modem logs? I haven't reset modem at all but, once this morning before I came here.

[EDIT]

Status ConnectionThis page displays information on the status of the cable modem's HFC and IP network connectivity.
Startup ProcedureProcedureStatusComment
Acquire Downstream Channel693000000 HzLocked
Connectivity StateOKOperational
Boot StateOKOperational
Configuration FileOK 
SecurityEnabledBPI+

Downstream Bonded Channels Channel Lock Status Modulation Channel ID Frequency Power SNR Correctables Uncorrectables
1LockedQAM2567693000000 Hz0.4 dB40.1 dB10
2LockedQAM2561657000000 Hz-1.2 dB41.4 dB10
3LockedQAM2562663000000 Hz-1.1 dB40.8 dB20
4LockedQAM2563669000000 Hz-0.8 dB39.1 dB30
5LockedQAM2564675000000 Hz-0.5 dB40.4 dB20
6LockedQAM2565681000000 Hz-0.2 dB34.7 dB6480
7LockedQAM2566687000000 Hz0.3 dB36.0 dB10
8LockedQAM2568699000000 Hz0.8 dB41.4 dB10

Total Correctables Total Uncorrectables

Upstream Bonded Channels Channel Lock Status US Channel Type Channel ID Symbol Rate Frequency Power
1LockedATDMA65120 Ksym/sec24200000 Hz49.5 dB
2LockedTDMA52560 Ksym/sec19400000 Hz47.5 dB
3LockedATDMA75120 Ksym/sec30600000 Hz49.8 dB
4LockedATDMA82560 Ksym/sec37000000 Hz50.8 dB

CM IP Address
fe80::928d:78ff:fefe:8322/64