Highlighted
Browser

Re: TWC Deliberate upload throttling???

Problem has been resolved. Issue was, a TWC installer cut corners a few months ago. He ran a new line down the side of the house and wrapped it several times around a poll instead of installing a new cord hanger. The result was a damaged cable with little to no slack. Weather (most likely wind), put a lot of wear and tear. So the cable was in bad shape. So, thanks to TWC For fixing it.

and;

even greater thanks to Steve (the installer) and Bruce for, their time and finding the problem!

As for TWC, you  need to clean up this **bleep** and get strict with your employees. Thanks for wasting my time and money on your  CSR's and YUP installers. Cutting corners will always shut a business down. One day or another.

Thanks..

Expert

The guys doing Biz class are just as bad...I've had to clean up after them including a head end.....

Spectrum Employee

@Xelahgohn wrote:
Problem has been resolved. Issue was, a TWC installer cut corners a few months ago. He ran a new line down the side of the house and wrapped it several times around a poll instead of installing a new cord hanger. The result was a damaged cable with little to no slack. Weather (most likely wind), put a lot of wear and tear. So the cable was in bad shape. So, thanks to TWC For fixing it.

Special thanks to hiring a moron installer

and;

even greater thanks to Steve (the installer) and Bruce for, their time and finding the problem!

It's a team effort to be sure.  (i.e.: even if I do my job to the best of my ability, I can't control how others do or don't do their job)  TWC definitely wants to know if a contractor working for us is cutting corners (and costing us a substantial amount of money later, possibly customer cancellations too)

If you don't mind taking a bit of your time to prevent this from happening to others, would you mind please reporting this to any of the forum moderators?  (I think you could just PM any of them your account number with a link to this topic)  That way we can get an ticket filed for that local dispatch in your town:

• Tech complaint on the installer's job.
  • Tech compliment for Bruce's and/or Steve's job.

Out of curiosity you didn't happen to take any pictures of this you could share on this topic?  (can upload to something like imgur and embed it into this topic)

@MsRaye wrote:

The guys doing Biz class are just as bad...I've had to clean up after them including a head end.....

Some cities are big enough to have multiple contractor groups to choose from, some cities/towns it's going to be the same groups.  Such individual contactor groups might be working for AT&T or whomever one day and TWC the next.  Same story as what you'd have going on in the construction industry really.

And to be clear not all contractors are bad, it depends on the individual workers working in the group and their managment structure (bad management can cause corner cutting from putting on unrealistic expectations/goals for example).

I've had plenty of stories of glowing recommendations too, it's an "it depends" situation.  Getting it reported & documented is key.

My postings on this site are my own, off-the-clock, and don’t necessarily represent TWC’s/Charter's strategies or opinions.
Browser

TWC is new to our area so they did a BIG PUSH to get customers signed up.  Since we had NO internet service (we did have a VERY OLD Insight Communication cable TV service) you can imagine me and the neighbors jumped onboard with TWC.

Everything was new - they strung new fiber optic cable down our street - and then had to run cable to our homes from the above ground telephone poles.

The TWC installer who came to my house carefully did all of his work.  It is neat and pretty outside the home and inside. The new line was run across the top of the ground and the gentleman who buried the line a few days later was meticulous in carefully burying the line.

Meanwhile, my neighbor's TWC installer came the next day.  The line he ran from the top of the telephone pole to the connector at the bottom of the pole had so much slack in the line it flaps in the wind.  I told my neighbor they should have reduced the slack and/or tacked it down (or something), but it continues to blow in the wind, literally.  LOL  Problem waiting to happen I am sure.  Meanwhile, inside the home he was as sloppy as he had been outside the home it appears.

Oh well - happy for my TWC installer.  Courteous and left me a card to contact him directly if something was wrong and was discovered within a few days or weeks.  Meanwhile, I guess my neighbor was to call TWC if he had a problem.  

Lastly, I bought my own modem (instead of renting from TWC) so my installer made sure it was working before he left.

Expert

two seperate crews, they should have shortened the cable down the pole... A lot of ours here in NEoh look the same. some are coiled up

Newcomer

Strange, I'm having the same issue in NEOH, Lake County, Willoughby. Either you have some renegade fool tech running around or you're failing to transition to ipv6.

Expert

Start a new thread in connectivity, post your signal level and error/event pages.

no 2 problems are the same and I doubt upload speed has anything to do with IPv6....

Proven Sharer

Re: TWC Deliberate upload throttling

MsRaye is saying that the BROADCAST TV signals are getting into the TWC cable system somewhere and creating interference with your internet modem service. That's what the correctable [can work around] and uncorrectable [too strong to fix] error counts tell her. She's been in the RF business for over three decades and knows what she's talking about.
Proven Sharer

HINT: You are also allowed to thank the volunteer TWC users and employees who staff this peer-to-peer support forum. They don't get paid to provide the technical information that your TWC installer used to find and fix your problem, which didn't involve any (illegal) internet throttling by TWC.