Highlighted
Observer

Re: TC-W7960 Intermittent connectivity loss - bonded channel frequencies and error log

I would still schedule a tech appointment to fix the signal levels at the tap.
Expert

Re: TC-W7960 Intermittent connectivity loss - bonded channel frequencies and error log

The question is "does it work any better with the 10 dB pad?"

DS seems to be at least 6 dB too hot for the US level and indicates an issue out on the street somewhere with an amplifier not a tapoff. and yeah, the inhouse guys can't fix them.

Browser

You guys were right, just adding the attenuator to get my signals in line was not good enough. Still had disconnects this week causing me to reboot. Calling now.

Time Priority Description

Sat Dec 09 08:57:33 2017Error (4)Missing BP Configuration Setting TLV Type: 17.9;CM-MAC=18:a6:f7:bd:a8:98;CMTS-MAC=00:01:5c:8a:ba:69;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
Sat Dec 09 08:57:33 2017Error (4)Missing BP Configuration Setting TLV Type: 17.8;CM-MAC=18:a6:f7:bd:a8:98;CMTS-MAC=00:01:5c:8a:ba:69;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
Time Not EstablishedNotice (6)Overriding MDD IP initialization parameters; IP provisioning mode = IPv6
Time Not EstablishedNotice (6)WiFi Interface [wl1] set to Channel 11 (Side-Band Channel:N/A) - Reason:INIT
Thu Dec 07 16:41:30 2017Critical (3)Started Unicast Maintenance Ranging - No Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=18:a6:f7:bd:a8:98;CMTS-MAC=00:01:5c:8a:ba:69;...
Thu Dec 07 16:23:41 2017Critical (3)Started Unicast Maintenance Ranging - No Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=18:a6:f7:bd:a8:98;CMTS-MAC=00:01:5c:8a:ba:69;...
Expert

The info you quoted is wrong as it's for single channel pre docsis 3 modems.

If you have +15 coming in, there is a problem out on the street.. "garbage in-garbage out"

Browser

Spectrum is sending a field tech tomorrow morning, hopefully he can write a report to get the bucket truck guys out here to fix it correctly.

I was told today by the Tier 3 phone tech that I have a pre Docsis 3 modem and I should upgrade. I've bought 2 new modems this year, not doing that anymore.
Proven Sharer

Check the Spectrum list of approved modems posted on this forum at 

Can I purchase my own internet cable modem?

before you purchase customer-owned equipment.  Be sure the device was tested to work at the internet speed you are paying for.

Browser

yes I consulted the list prior to purchasing both modems last year, kept the TP-Link, all were approved modems.

Expert

@toy4two wrote:

I was told today by the Tier 3 phone tech that I have a pre Docsis 3 modem and I should upgrade. I've bought 2 new modems this year, not doing that anymore.

Well that's a blatant lie...

it is docsis 3 because it has 8x4 channel bonding... older modems were single channel.

It's also possible they provisioned it wrong ...

Browser

field tech came and went.  All he could do was said he tightened a cable in the box outside and suggested I plug the power outside the power strip and right into the wall.

He said the levels are all within spec and no need for a line tech to come out they won't do anything. He just said since I'm the first unit I'm about 5 feet run from the distribution point in our complex, its hot but its all ok and he would have just added a attenuator like I did.  He said Spectrum is now mandating to not use attenuators and instead have all techs install splitters with different loss on each leg, something he said the techs think is dumb, but that is company policy now.

I said feel free to give me your modem but he said I've been through multiple modems, its not the modem.  So it is what it is, luckily Viasat Internet starts in February so I'll just switch to that.

Lead Moderator

Good morning. I was able to locate your account, I do see that there are now

T4 timeouts on the modem logs. I would encourage you to contact our Social 

Media Customer Care team to schedule a follow up visit.

I have noted the account that you contacted us here and that I have recommended

a trouble call. 

Twitter: @Ask_Spectrum
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Spectrum

Regards,
Julia R.
Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care
Lead Moderator-Community Forums