Newcomer

Re: Still testing at 25 Mbps???

I'm going to call them tonight and hope to talk to someone in the state and not another country lol. I'll update when I get an answer and not a runaround
Expert

copy and paste the modems signal level and error log pages..

don't reset the modem

What is your zip code?

Seasoned Contributor

@Labyrinth wrote:

Mt Washington SHOULD be getting it.  If Shepherdsville has it, then Mt Washington surely will.  TWC (formerly Insight) has a huge call center/maintenance center right near Mt Washington at Commerce Crossings Dr., it's part of the metro area.

Does it really work that way? Cincinnati Ohio is supposedly getting it within the next couple of months. I get my service through Cincinnati (I think) but no upgrade for us this year or next.

Contributor

Well, both Mt. Washington and Shepherdsville are in the next county over (Bullitt) from Louisville (and both are considered a part of the metro area), and he said someone in Shepherdsville was seeing the new MAXX speeds.  Also, right across the river in Indiana, they were also a part of the Louisville rollout (I'm pretty sure) as they are also considered a part of metro Louisville as well.  So, it's kind of a guess, but realistically possible. 

I think it really probably depends on the specific metro area and how TWC manages/serves it.

Seasoned Contributor

That doesn't sound too far from my situation. I'm in the next county over from Cincinnati, and I'm pretty sure my service is though Cincinnati. I thought I would be getting the upgrade along with Cincinnati. But Time Warner doesn't see it that way.

The speed upgrades are being put through a little at a time as it takes massive infrastructure changes and upgrades to do so. First the TV signal needs to be switched from analog to all digital which can take time. Then once that goes through then the rollout of the upgraded speeds will follow. Personally I am located in Buffalo, NY and we won't see the upgraded speeds this year either even though we are considered a major city as the infrastructure upgrades are taking some time. Other areas nearby such as Syracuse are getting the upgrades soon. In order to get specific information on if there will be an upgrade this year we would need your account information. Feel free to private message us here @Forums_Help

Seasoned Contributor

I really wouldn't mind so much if it weren't for Cincinnati (which I get service through) getting the upgrade in the coming months.

I really wouldn't mind so much if I had some sort of date, even in 2017. But all they can give me is "we have no idea of when it might happen... it could be years from now"

I'll probably switch over to Fioptics as soon as I can, in any case.

Seasoned Contributor

I also wouldn't mind so much if I weren't expected to pay as much as someone with the upgrade for 1/5 of the bandwidth.

They only have dates through the end of this year and even those are tentative as it can depend on the upgrades and how quickly they go through. As stated I am in Buffalo, NY and our area is not in a 2016 upgrade area and even as an employee I don't know when our upgrade will come or even if it'll be in 2017. We are unable to schedule that far out. 

Valued Contributor

@pfisterfarm wrote:

I also wouldn't mind so much if I weren't expected to pay as much as someone with the upgrade for 1/5 of the bandwidth.

They'd increase the prices on maxx before they'd reduce it for us.