Highlighted
Newcomer

Still testing at 25 Mbps???

So it was my understanding that two weeks after I got my new router which was provided by Time Warner that my internet speed would go to 300mbps but it hasn't. I'm still testing at 25.5 Mbps what's the deal I live in Mount Washington Kentucky is anyone else having this problem?
25 REPLIES 25
Expert

Re: Still testing at 25 Mbps???

copy and paste the modems signal level and error log pages..

don't reset the modem

What is your zip code?

Valued Contributor

Mt Washginton is 40047

Expert

25 miles from Louisville... yuck  might not be this year, supposedly all major cities this year, hopefully before Charter.

Newcomer

Ya at my mother's place (10 miles down the road in Shepherdsville) she's already testing out at 283!
Seasoned Contributor

I may be naive, but why can't Time Warner admit to the reason why some areas will not be upgraded for years? I don't think they're making anything better by being all mysterious. If they would just tell me that there aren't enough users in my area to justify an upgrade, I could understand that. Instead they send a letter, but I find out it won't be happening in 2016, there are "no time frames" for 2017 which means I don't even need to ask about 2018, and when I ask about why I will be paying the same for my 20 mbps and someone else is for their upgraded 100 mbps they say "business decision" (now THAT'S a euphemism!)

Contributor

Mt Washington SHOULD be getting it.  If Shepherdsville has it, then Mt Washington surely will.  TWC (formerly Insight) has a huge call center/maintenance center right near Mt Washington at Commerce Crossings Dr., it's part of the metro area.

Seasoned Contributor

Yes, everyone will get it "eventually." Question is, if we're all really old and senile when it arrives, will we know when it does?

Contributor

Yes, I meant they should be getting it as part of the Louisville rollout, but I'm not dead certain.

OP should contact  @TWC_help on twitter via direct message with his account number and ask them to investigate a date.= for his particular node.

Contributor

Because when I called in for another issue the CSR told me "a couple weeks" which ended up being a month, about four weeks before it got turned on.