Participant

Re: Still having terrible speeds- fluctuates- 4 months running

Okay, so I still have the issue. I contacted twc help via twitter and they said they would have them come out and replace all those lines, that it should not look like that. I get a call 3 days later and someone tells me to contact tier 3 support. I get ahold of tier 3 support, sit on hold for 20 mins, wait a half hour for the guy to look through all the notes, ping my modem- he tells me he sees numerous timeouts from my modem, likely a signal noise issue. The only thing he can do is send the same tech out for a house call again...he said only techs can escalate the issue beyond a house visit. That he HAS to see the bad levels WHILE he is there...but I told him the issue fluctuates, so often when the tech is here, it's fine. Then later in the day it goes back to a crawl. 

He said he was sorry, that this is always difficult to catch the issue, but they would eventually resolve it. (Like I said, it's been since April, and if TWC wasn't the only company in this area, I would switch so fast.) 

I contacted their twc help twitter again insisting they escalate this and that they replace that awful mess of wires and splitters outside and the cables missing the shielding. That alone should be enough to send maintenance out from what you folks and others have said about how these wires should look. 

At this point- it's pretty much insanity. But, I am at the mercy of this awful company, so I cannot really do much. 

Participant

Expert

Sorry but those tracert's look like an issue between your router, the modem and twc's head end. Copy and paste the modems signal level pages

Participant

But Why would it cause the same problem with two different routers and different modems?
Participant

Participant

Also I've watched two movies in 1080p on Netflix now... No issues. Running smooth now at 18mbps. Very confused. My signal levels earlier were 3dbmv on all four channels. Which is odd because for the past several months it's been 6dbmv at the lowest. I have a tech call for tomorrow. I guess I could cancel it and go buy the sb6141 router and a new router like I did before and rule out equipment issues.
Expert

I'd wait for spectrum to send out free modems...

Your 4x4 bonding modem will have issues with a freq spread this far: May be what's causing the hiigh correcteds...

4x4's are only rated for 36 mHz bandwidth and yours is running 48 mHz! Woman Sad