Proven Sharer

Re: Spectrum and T-Mobile CellSpot

If T-Mobile says that up to four days is a normal wait time for remote device sync I think you can expect it every time.

Rookie

Down again. Lost power breifly this AM, and everything else came back fine, cable modem, router, etc., but the TnotMobile Cellsport is sitting here blinking orange and green at me. Oh well, maybe in 3 or 4 days, maybe not.  Then again maybe we just box this (edited)  up and return to sender. It obviously doesn't work anymore with Spectrum's network.

Rookie

Well this is concerning. I have 2 of these devices and I've been trying to set The first one up for 2 days now. Sometimes the internet light looks like it's working and sometimes not. Anyone try those window booster units are they any good? Or do these things stabilize once the are up? This is crazy that it takes so long.
Proven Sharer

T-Mobile says it can take up to four days for the connection to stabilize after any change is made.  You should voice your concerns and disappointment directly to T-Mobile's management.  They are a subsidiary of Deutsche Telekom AG, the German Post Office (see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T-Mobile).  They are aware of the CellSpot setup problems that their users have experienced for over four years now.

Rookie

Same issue here (upstate NY) started about 2 months ago.

Finger pointing and hundreds of reboots ("wait 24 hrs, 48hrs, 72 hrs...", "reboot modem", reboot router"etc, etc.

Reading various forums appeared that virtually all areas of the country had the issue but 95+% were cox, twcc, spectrum with CellSpot.

Finally got TMob Support to replace CS unit (mine was V1.0 and a number of reports that V2 would solve the probs with TWCC/Spectrum.

In my case IT DID! (Thank you TMob Support).

Original CS unit functioned perfectly for over a year then one day 2 months ago just quit connecting (same as others, days and days of attempting connection, flashing lights).

My guess is that Spectrum changed something in their server handshakes that prevented the V1 from connecting. V2 made hardware/firmware changes that play nice with Spectrum server changes.

No way to prove it, entirely possible that it was just coincidence, just my gut opinion.

Good luck but worth a try before giving up on CS