Proven Sharer

Re: Spectrum Ultra

I can think of two possibilities for this; one is a recent customer solution.

1)  Your modem's boot file may not have been correctly updated by Spectrum.  It costs nothing to ask them to ensure that your account is coded for 300 Mbps service and refresh the modem. 

OR

2)  If you read the thread "

Not applicable

Thank you very much for your help.  I'm leaving on a business trip tomorrow morning.  I shall return in two weeks to look at the possibe solutions you posted.  I am very grateful for your help. 

Not applicable

Dear karlbeckman,

I am sorry for the delayed reply.   I have returned from my business trip and had the opportunity to follow the suggestions in your reply.   It was a Windows 10 issue that caused the internet speed slowdown.    I enabled the "Receive Window Auto Tuning Level" and the Speedtest result showed 342 mbps for download and 23 mbps for upload.   I am very grateful to you for spending your time to help me.  Again, tip of the hat to you.  

Proven Sharer

Thank YOU for confirming that option #2 in my note resolved your speed issue.  You are the third person to report that the Microsoft Creator Update changed your ethernet settings in a negative way. 

Not applicable

Many thanks again for your help.  I am very grateful you read my post.   You are simply the best.  

Community Manager

This is a great example of the Forums working to solve customers issues that are difficult to troubleshoot or diagnose!   Thanks to @karlbeckman and everyone for participating!  

Highlighted
Trusted Helper

@dc123090 wrote:

Dear karlbeckman,

I am sorry for the delayed reply.   I have returned from my business trip and had the opportunity to follow the suggestions in your reply.   It was a Windows 10 issue that caused the internet speed slowdown.    I enabled the "Receive Window Auto Tuning Level" and the Speedtest result showed 342 mbps for download and 23 mbps for upload.   I am very grateful to you for spending your time to help me.  Again, tip of the hat to you.  

Good that this got fixed!

This feature is supposed to be enabled by default in Windows 10.  But if your router or firewall is old causing connectivity problems, it can be turned off.  It has been around since  Windows Visa:

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/window-auto-tuning-in-windows-10

I think this 1803 build is the April 2018 Update.  The Fall Creators Update, build 1709 was the one before that.

Satch

Not applicable

Kudos to all on the community forums for their time to help those less knowledgeable with the technical aspects of using the internet.