Highlighted
Participant

Spectrum Gig - Cleveland market?

I read that Spectrum rolled out gigabit service to several new markets a couple days ago.  Cleveland was on that list.  Have anyone heard anything locally to confirm this?

Not that I'm ready to jump on to the gigabit bandwagon right now, but would be interested to see if baseline 100M subs will be upgraded to 200M soon?

Would be SB6183 be sufficient to tolerate this upgrade?

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
Valued Participant

Re: Spectrum Gig - Cleveland market?

The SB6183 can handle 200/10 just fine.

In regards to the upgrades, check your rate card information here: 

https://www.spectrum.com/browse/content/ratecard.html

My area still has pockets with 100/10, 120/10 (TWC legacy) as the highest speeds available, even though 400/20 and Gig are on the rate card as well.

In my case, rate card shows:

100/10

200/10

120/10

400/20

Gig

I’m still on 100/10.

Helper

@mthr1 wrote:

Not that I'm ready to jump on to the gigabit bandwagon right now, but would be interested to see if baseline 100M subs will be upgraded to 200M soon?

Would be SB6183 be sufficient to tolerate this upgrade?

Thanks!

Spectrum officially supports the SB6183 up to the 300 tier. 

Valued Participant

Yes but it is not supported at the 400 tier, and they are getting rid of the 300 tier.

THE Cm600 on google express with the best discount code is another good option at around $65
Helper

Yes, the CM600 is a rock solid modem and is supported on the 400 tier.  I took the OP to mean that he already has the 6183, not that he is going out to buy a new modem.  IF he is buying a new modem... the CM600 would be a better choice than the 6183 simply due to being supported on 400 tier.

Participant

That is correct. I didn't have intentions of upgrading my SB 6183 any time soon, as I don't really need anything more than the 200M that we'll be getting soon.

Well, perhaps we'll see the free bump up soon.

Thanks.
Rookie

Gig just came to Highland Heights, got it installed couple days ago. wifi in laptop shows 866 mbps when connected to 5G and 300 mbps when on 2G. My son is happy being cable-sonnected, says download speeds jumped sky-high. The problem is that internet intermittently disappears. some times every 5 minutes, sometimes every 10. sometimes every hour. No trend at all. Had a call to tech support, they said they can see a lot of problems in their traces, will send the tech to sort it out. Will see how it will turn out. So far it took 3 attempts to schedule an appointment since phone line kept falling down off along with internet two times while trying to talk to support