Highlighted
Rookie

Slow upload speeds?

Hi,

I have an Arris SB6190, and gigabit Spectrum. Up to 2 days ago, I was getting ~350 down and ~20 up. Both up and down lights on my modem were blue. For the last 2 days, the uplink button is yellow and upload speed is ~6 (yes, a gigabit sub). When I go to 192.168.100.1, I see that there's only 1 uplink bonded channel.

Any idea what I should do? Tried restarting the modem, reconnecting the cable, no results.

The event log has some errors, but only from yesterday, not today (yet the up light is still yellow). Of course Spectrum says that nothing is wrong.

bonded-channels.pngevent-log.png

6 REPLIES 6
LGT
Contributor

Re: Slow upload speeds?

Your upstream numbers are definitely out of spec. Way too high and you only have one channel locked.  If someone at Spectrum is telling you this is okay you need to find someone else at Spectrum to talk to. What is weird is your down stream numbers seem okay.   Check the coax in your house and make sure everything is good.  But I think you will eventually need to find the right person at Spectrum to get this fixed. 

Helper

Yeah upload is definitely out of whack. Could be damaged coax or loose connections. Also, why are you paying for gig and only receiving Ultra speeds? If you are actually on gig then you should use the correct modem Spectrum has authorized for the tier.

Proven Sharer

Your DS and US levels do look like somebody recently added 8 to 10 dB of loss in your drop.  Tis the season for rodents to chew holes in the cable jacket, letting water and losses in.  If TWC or Spectrum ever installed an inline signal amplifier for any reason, be sure its power supply is plugged in and the pilot light is on; if YOU installed one on your own, remove it before the home service tech arrives. 

And I second the idea of using the approved Gigabit modem (the one that Spectrum includes within your monthly rate). You won't get Spectrum Gigabit service to run at spec through the Arris SB6190 model that you bought.

Rookie

Thank you guys. An update: I read (elsewhere on this forum) that SB6190 may not be good (and it's also Docsis 3.0, not 3.1). I therefore ordered Arris SB8200 from Amazon and asked Spectrum to move me to it. They did.

I also bought a different splitter and replaced the one they installed years ago.

The results of a new test are below. You can see that there are now _multiple_ bonded upstream channels, but the upstream light on the modem is still yellow!

Any additional ideas?information.pngstartup procedure.pngdownstream.pngupstream.png

Helper

Are you saying that the Send icon on the front panel is yellow? The manual for this modem only shows green or blue (solid or flashing) as options.  Otherwise, signals look pretty good to me.  Are you still at 300-400 speeds while on the gig tier or are you now getting 800+?

Rookie

My bad, yes, the Send light is green (looked yellow to me). Receive light is blue.

Just ran a speed test - both speedtest.net and the spectrum speed test show 15ms ping, 264 down, and 22 up.