Newcomer

Slow upload overtime

My upload getting slower after awhile. It will be at 35Mbits for like 2 hours then went to 20Mbit and could not get back to 35Mbit unless I reboot modem. Endless cycles. Also I only have internet and no TV, why do I need a splitter? This is on 1Gb package.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Helper

Re: Slow upload overtime

@AudigyTwo wrote:

My upload getting slower after awhile. It will be at 35Mbits for like 2 hours then went to 20Mbit and could not get back to 35Mbit unless I reboot modem. Endless cycles. Also I only have internet and no TV, why do I need a splitter? This is on 1Gb package.

Do you have access to the modem's signal levels page... 192.168.100.1 or 192.168.0.1? You may not if you're using the Hitron or Technicolor version of the 3.1 modem supplied by Spectrum. 

Are you testing the speeds direct wired to the modem? Could be a signal problem which would need a tech visit. Could be network congestion. Could be wifi interference. 

Also, a splitter usually is not needed for internet only service, but could serve a purpose if the signal levels are "too high" and need to be lowered a bit for added stability. The unused splitter lead could also be serving as an antenna to introduce noise though if not terminated properly.