Highlighted
Newcomer

Slow speeds with new Spectrum modem

Upgraded to 400 and with new modem download speed was 89. Have had tech out who after 3 hours left and said it was my equipment. Tried again tonight with new modem and router from Spectrum. Speed test before changing was 230 after changing 9! All connections are good. Speedtest was 400 when pc started in safe mode ???
6 REPLIES 6
Helper

Re: Slow speeds with new Spectrum modem

If you are testing at 400 when the PC is in safe mode but much slower when it is not in safe mode that tells me that the issue is with the PC, not the modem, router or your connections.

Rookie

Sounds like a possible driver/software issue. When your PC is in safe mode, it only loads essential windows components. Considering you are getting 9 Mbps during normal mode, your network adapter or software on your PC could possibly be set to 10M Ethernet during normal operation.

Hope this helps!

Contributor

I am having the same problem. I have nowhere near 100 mbps upload or download speeds. Why does Spectrum advertise these speeds on their television advertisements when no one actually gets them? My own Internet upload and download speeds, as I said, are nowhere near 100 mbps; in fact, my computer often freezes when I try to look at my email or sign in to websites, which I think is caused by very slow connection speeds. My Internet television service often freezes and I get unwatchable pictures as well. This is not what I am paying  Spectrum for. I am about ready to go back to using a TV antenna on my television and to switch to another Internet provider whose speeds are consistent.

Helper

@jhs190

If you would like assistance please start your own thread...but I will say that the vast majority of us DO receive the speeds and connectivity we pay for. You have signal problems that need fixed.

Newcomer

I would agree but speed test was over 200 with modem only capable of 300. The modem capable for 400 only gets 89 max
Lead Moderator

@jhs190

Two problems are generally not the same. It sounds like we need to do troubleshooting with you on the connection. For the OP it would appear to be an equipment issue since the speeds are high in safe mode but  not when the computer is not in safe mode. 

I see you also posted about problems with your video service, that and the slow speeds

indicate that there is a definite problems with the signals.

We encourage you to contact support directly for assistance with these problems. 

Twitter: @Ask_Spectrum

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Spectrum

1-855-70-SPECTRUM (855-707-7328)

Regards,

Julia R.

Spectrum-Social Media Customer Care

Lead Moderator-Community Forums