Expert

Re: Signal Issues - Charlotte NC

Can you run another line out to the amp for the second modem?

Observer

You mean run another cable from the modem in the house to the amp at the back of the house? I have one cable modem in the office, 1 Master DVR in the living room and 1 slave box in the bedroom. What should I tell them when I call back?
Expert

No, you have 2 modems on a 2 way splitter...ones your COAM one for internet and the other is TWC's for EMTA phone service....

This looks like rather than fix a problem out on the street, twc put in the amplifier outside, when they added in the WHDVR they did it wrong, If you had an extra cable I can walk you thru the proper connection that would improve upstream by 3.5 dB and get the MOCA properly isolated as well. Good luck finding a TWC tech to understand anything... let me do up a quick drawing...

Observer

Wow! Thanks for the informative reply MsRaye. So I need to purchase one splitter to put inside of the box and then relocate the MOCA  splitter. Also, I need to purchase RG6 cable to run straight to the modem? Do you think this could be the cause of my speed issues?

EDIT: Does it matter about the shielding for the RG6, specifically, burial grade vs in wall? 

Expert

use the splitter you have for the 2 modems and one of the 2 jumper cables

quad shielded rg 6 with compression connectors, don't need burial(flooded) cable.