6 months later, and it starts again. Here was the story 6 mths ago The problem went away when my modem stopped trying use Channel 6. I don't know if TWC blocked that channel or if I just got lucky.
Fast forward 6 months and I'm back where I started.
|Frequency||675000000 Hz||657000000 Hz||669000000 Hz||681000000 Hz||687000000 Hz||693000000 Hz||699000000 Hz||705000000 Hz|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||37 dB||36 dB||37 dB||37 dB||28 dB||34 dB||37 dB||37 dB|
|Power Level |
|5 dBmV||5 dBmV||5 dBmV||6 dBmV||6 dBmV||6 dBmV||6 dBmV||6 dBmV|
|Frequency||24200000 Hz||37000000 Hz||19400000 Hz||30600000 Hz|
|Ranging Service ID||15189||15189||15189||15189|
|Symbol Rate||5.120 Msym/sec||2.560 Msym/sec||2.560 Msym/sec||5.120 Msym/sec|
|Power Level||45 dBmV||47 dBmV||47 dBmV||46 dBmV|
|Upstream Modulation|| QPSK|
|Total Unerrored Codewords||15667729||15675916||15684189||15691407||522972||15659776||15661480||15663368|
|Total Correctable Codewords||0||0||0||0||5417930||1415||43||16|
|Total Uncorrectable Codewords||659||598||512||1469||9722172||626||1404||642|
Fast forward 6 months and I'm back where I started. Speed went in the toilet the middle of this week and I checked and see that the modem started picking up Channel 6 again. Only getting 4 Mbps download on a 30 Mbps connection. Pingplotter shows 6-10% packet loss starting at the 2nd hop (did a WHOIS check and 184.108.40.206 is an IP owned by TWC).
You have serious broadcast TV ingres from local TV channel 50. Also some from the 699 and up 4G cell phones you or the neighbor has (Tmobile and AT&T channel phones)
There is a loose, corroded or broken connector or chewed up coax. May be down the street somewhere.
NO MATTER WHAT TWC TELLS YOU, THEY CAN NOT REPAIR THIS OVER THE PHONE!
It needs a competent tech visit to find and repair the issue
You never posted any photo's or a follow up as to what they did.. Is this an underground line and was it ever replaced?
Ingress issues NEVER go away, they only get worst.
This is an above ground line and they did not replace the line to my house. I can't say if they did anything beyond my tap. The problem just went away shortly after my last post.
My modem stopped trying to use Channel 6 and I didn't have the problem. I just "assumed" that they blocked that channel from use.
If the line runs thru trees, it's probably chewed up.
Ingress never get's better, It only gets worst, The channel got so bad that the modem tossed it... You need a tech out to find and fix the issue, blocking that channel fixes nothing, creates more issues for you and the neighbors. and it wiilll be back...
See if you can tell the modem to start looking at a different frequency and reboot it. Experiment, you may get it to find a bank that doesn't have that channel.
Open/reopen your ticket. KEEP A LOG with NAMES and dates.
It's been long enough to check your wiring and post your results (with pictures, if possible):
Rolox, it's absolutely aningress issue and, this is the (edited) phone support does to bandage the issue, Keep resetting the modem to try and get rid of a physical problem when it needs a competent tech out to fix it....
Yes, there is a broken wire or loosey goosey connections, customer should not have to fix.
True but we're all victims of PowerPoint.
"Eliminate unnecessary truck rolls" most likely got oversimplified to "Eliminate truck rolls" and--whether deliberate or unintentional--changed corporate policy so that the non-technical CSRs are supposed to make problems go away (not "fix" but "go away").
Whatever makes the PowerPoint slides look great for the next quarterly...
Just an update... I went out broke all the connections that I could get to outside of the house, checked for water/corrosion (none) and retightened the connections. As of right now, I'm back up to full speed for 3 days.
All the connections were tight, the modem is still pulling CH ID 6 and the SNR on that channel is lower than the rest of the channels, but the connection has been holding.