Rookie

Serviceability

I am looking at a property that is 1600 feet off the road - There is a tap at the Telephone pole at the end of the driveway. I callled Time Warner trying to figure out if they can run a link back that far. I was told yes - but I am not sure if that is the correct answer. First off - can they run it that far, second what is the per foot charge - I understand that they will supply the first 250 feet of cable. RG11 runs about .38 cents a foot wholesale. Do I need to plan a Amplifier? 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Serviceability

Probably.....  one with high end EQ gain to make up for loss

, TWC however would prefer aluminum hardline, it actually might be cheaper... Is this overhead or underground?

Rookie

It will be underground,  I will be trenching a powerline down to the entrance for a Gate.  So While I have it open - might as well drop Cable in.

Expert

I'd get some of the 5/8 hardline or whatever the local contractor recomends, I'll bet it's cheaper than the direct burial RG11. It probably won't require an amplifier

Neither can be backfilled with rocks, can't be kinked, I'd also put an above ground, 360 loop halfway or at 500' intervals, so it can be broken there for troubleshooting or put a pedestal there, also bring the gate power and control cable up next to it

Call a home a/v contractor for some advice as well