Browser

Security cameras no longer viewable via internet

I have a Technicolor modem and Sagemcom 5260 wireless router. I have security camera system installation, hardwired to a DVR in the house. Cameras are viewable directly from our TV, plus I can view the cameras real time from a phone app.  

This setup has worked flawlessly since March 2018 when the new Technicolor modem and Sagemcom wireless router were installed. Cameras were viewable on Saturday January 19th, then on Sunday January 20th they were no longer viewable.

I have rebooted the modem, router, and DVR. This did not fix the problem. I ran troubleshooting shooting diagnostics – see attached pic for diagnostics results.

ErrorMessage.JPG

**NOTE:   192.168.1.119 is set to "ENABLED ON" on the Sagemcom Acess Control/DMZ.

Any suggestions on how to get this working again?

6 REPLIES 6
Proven Sharer

Re: Security cameras no longer viewable via internet

We will presume that Spectrum owns both the Technicolor modem and the Sagemcom router.  In the past when you viewed camera video real time on your phone app, were you connected to the camera directly over WiFi or looped through the DVR's IP address?

The "Detection details" information in the top 'Issues Found' section of the dialog box says device 192.168.1.119 is not responding.  What device is that? 

Is your DVR connected to the router over a wired ethernet cable or using WiFi?  Make and model?  IP address?

What are the IP addresses of the cameras?  Wired or WiFi?

Browser

Thanks for your response Karl.

Yes, Spectrum owns both the Technicolor modem and the Sagemcom router.

The phone app allows for both WiFi (used when I’m home) and remote access away from home through the DVR’s IP address.

Device 192.168.1.119 is the DVR.

Note that I must indicate PORT 7000 for access.

Looking at the lines coming out of the DVR, all the cameras are wired, and the DVR is connected to the router via wired ethernet cable.

Thanks for your help!

Proven Sharer

OK, your reply pretty much confirms that you need to change the LAN IP assignment of  the VCR to be a fixed (static) IP address.  Unfortunately I'm not familiar with the Sagemcom router's DHCP setup, but I'm sure others here on the forum can assist if you run into trouble.

Browser

I found the DHCP setup screen.  Any suggestions on what I do here?

DHCPpic.jpg

Spectrum Employee

Click the "Add Reserved Address" link at the bottom.

You'll need the MAC address of the DVR. Usually it's on a sticker somewhere on the hardware. Enter that MAC address and the IP address you want reserved for that hardware, assuming 192.168.1.119, and save the changes.
Proven Sharer

Right now the DHCP range is set from 2 to 254.  Instead of using 119 as the static address, you will need a number OUTSIDE the DHCP window.  As I suggested earlier, change the DHCP start to 50 and specify a number between 11 and 49 to match with the MAC ID of the DVR, like either 19 or 49.