Helper

Re: SB 6141 FW update:

@SDBGuitars wrote:
Do you happen to have the URL of the old restart button? I'd love to have that bookmarked... LOL

old restart button URL:

192.168.100.1/reset.htm?reset_modem=Restart+Cable+Modem

redrock in Austin, Tx
Rookie

I tried that link and it loads a page, but the modem never resets. Looks like maybe that functionality has been removed?
Helper

@SDBGuitars wrote:
I tried that link and it loads a page, but the modem never resets. Looks like maybe that functionality has been removed?

agreed. I got the same result. web page changes as if it is working but modem does not restart.

redrock in Austin, Tx
Expert

try adding port 8080 or 80 to it?

80 does something but not a reset

Highlighted
Helper

@MsRaye wrote:

try adding port 8080 or 80 to it?

I tried 80, 8080, 443, 1080. no reaction from modem.

redrock in Austin, Tx
Valued Participant

If you unscrew the coaxial from the modem, the reset buttons return for you to factory reset the modem. That's what I did today when I had to reset. Button only disappears while connected to TWC coaxial.
Expert

That has always worked but it doesn't solve the remote reset a lot of us want or need to do via a daily script. It's always how the modems did the reset to default that took 15-30 minutes and the imbicile that started the security nonsense never tried to reset one to see how it actually worked, shame on arris for removing it from the modems when they stated they had 135 million modems and no report of this supposed "attack" ever been done.

Hackers wouldn't want to get disconnected by the modem they're trying to hack thru , would they?

It's harder to find a coaxial switch than an AC power switch module or a reset timer, You just need to find one thatt auto resets to on rather than off