Highlighted
Observer

Recent connection droppings

I've had TWC for over a year now with little to no outages, until about last week. Now, a few times a day my modem will just randomly restart and have two logs: TLV-11 and MIMO Event. Help?

9 REPLIES 9
Expert

Re: Recent connection droppings

Those aren't the problem, the T4's are...

Copy and paste the signal level page, that's what's causing them

Observer

Expert

you have bad ingress from TV and your AT&T 4G phone, connections are corroded or loose somewhere.

Observer

Should I call a tech out? It rained pretty hard in my area for a whole week, but that honestly doesn't feel like it would become such a massive issue after months and months of consistent service. Also, would limiting the ingress/egress on my router for the phones help?

Expert

You have a bad or loose coax connector or open splitter ports or a bad cable or a ups or surge strip in the coax cable something is letting your 4G phones rf transmissions in. All connector nuts must be a tad more than finger tight including backsides of wall plates

Observer

Okay, are these signals any better?

Expert

Your upstream levels went up by 3 dB which isn't good as they're approaching the T3-T4 error levels.

You did a reset which gave you different downstream channels and those levels remained the same , at least you don't have 711 mHz which is what your AT&T phones transmitt on.  What's your zipp code, need to see if you have a TV CH 50 or 51 nearby.

Observer

Expert

681 mHz is skipped, it's broadcast ch 49 which is where the old wdli ch 17 now transmits from Copley, There's also a ch 47 and 50 which is where weao/wneo 49 transmits, 699 and up are 4G lte and lmr channels

You are having ingress issues, twc/spectrum  needs to come out and fix them