Expert

Re: Really high ping (300+) during prime time (4pm-1am)

intermittent speed, high pings and broadcast tv ingress on a couple channels causing downstream partial service errors.

especially the 489 and 495 mHz channels... This can't be fixed on the phone, needs a tech out.

Participant

Alright I called them and they're sending out a technician tomorrow, hope they can fix it.

Thanks MsRaye.

Expert

Print out the first and then the second pages of levels you posted here for the tech. Explain this is an intermittent problem. Don't let phone support try to cancel the tech, you have something intermittent that isn't going to fix itself and will only get worst!Woman Frustrated

At least they agreed to send a tech, they must have seen the problem when you called.Woman Wink

Participant

Tech came out and gave me a new modem. I told him about the problem and showed him this post with what you think the problem is. He said he tested it from his van and everything seemed fine. I still have the problem though.

Edit: The bizarre thing to me is that even while I have the problem if I run a speed test it shows my ping being normal, where as in game I'm still at 300 ping.

Expert

You can't test a modem  problem caused by intermittent connections from a van... sheesh..

As for high ping during a game... what do you expect? The game is using both bandwidth and your computers processing resources as well as slowing down everything else on your router.

Participant

I called him and he's going to come back out tomorrow to look at it again. Can I do anything other than show him this thread (I already did), like have him test a line? Change out adapters outside my house in the box or something?

Expert

you can't test or expect ping time to remain low when you have applications like gaming running.

Participant

How does that make sense? You're saying I should expect to have high ping if I play a video game on my computer?