Just got a new Ubee DVW32C1 router/modem combo from Time Warner. So I hooked it up, and every so often, i'll get the "no internet connection" screen when access a new page/link. After about 10 seconds, the screen loads, and it's fine. This happens about 5 times a day.
Any ideas ? I tried logging into the modems diagnostic screens, but I see no option to view logs (not that I know what the heck i'm looking at, even if I did find an event log). Also, there was nothing wrong with my old modem and router. I went to TWC to exchange my faulty DVR for a new one, and they noticed I was using old, outdated modem/router and "upgraded" it, along with replacing the faulty DVR. All I did when I got home was hook up the equipment per the instructions, and while it appears faster and whatnot, I'm now getting disconnected randomly, but for only about 10 seconds.
It's not a huge deal, but downloads get interrupted now, which is frustrating.
Solved! Go to Solution.
Is this what you need ?
|Acquire Downstream Channel||741000000 Hz||Locked|
Downstream Bonded Channels Channel Lock Status Modulation Channel ID Frequency Power SNR Correctables Uncorrectables
|1||QAM256||741000000 Hz||3.2 dBmV||38.6 dB||1||0|
|2||QAM256||651000000 Hz||4.1 dBmV||39.3 dB||0||0|
|3||QAM256||657000000 Hz||4.1 dBmV||39.2 dB||0||0|
|4||QAM256||663000000 Hz||4.3 dBmV||39.3 dB||0||0|
|5||QAM256||669000000 Hz||4.7 dBmV||39.5 dB||1||0|
|6||QAM256||675000000 Hz||4.5 dBmV||39.2 dB||1||0|
|7||QAM256||681000000 Hz||4.6 dBmV||39.5 dB||1||0|
|8||QAM256||687000000 Hz||4.7 dBmV||39.4 dB||0||0|
|9||QAM256||693000000 Hz||4.3 dBmV||39.3 dB||1||0|
|10||QAM256||699000000 Hz||4.3 dBmV||39.2 dB||2||0|
|11||QAM256||705000000 Hz||3.9 dBmV||39.0 dB||1||0|
|12||QAM256||711000000 Hz||4.0 dBmV||39.2 dB||1||0|
|13||QAM256||717000000 Hz||3.9 dBmV||39.2 dB||0||0|
|14||QAM256||723000000 Hz||3.4 dBmV||38.6 dB||1||0|
|15||QAM256||729000000 Hz||3.5 dBmV||38.8 dB||0||0|
|16||QAM256||735000000 Hz||3.3 dBmV||38.4 dB||0||0|
Total Correctables Total Uncorrectables
Upstream Bonded Channels Channel Lock Status US Channel Type Channel ID Symbol Rate Frequency Power
|1||ATDMA||5120 Ksym/sec||24200000 Hz||44.5 dBmV|
|2||TDMA||2560 Ksym/sec||19400000 Hz||44.0 dBmV|
|3||ATDMA||5120 Ksym/sec||30600000 Hz||45.0 dBmV|
|4||ATDMA||5120 Ksym/sec||37000000 Hz||45.8 dBmV|
CM IP AddressDurationExpires
|D: -- H: -- M: -- S: --||--- --- -- --:--:-- ----|
Current System Time: Fri Jan 20 06:08:57 2017
Been in hospital/ 2 computers corrupted, missed your reply...
This could be too short of a DHCP lease.. Make sure it's set for a day, not an hour.
It's in the router, unknown if you can change it since it's TWC's
You could also have a computer issue
This could also be a defective modem, bad firmware in it.
See if you can copy and paste the modems signal level and error log pages at least 2-4 hours after it reset so I can see some real history.
Do you have a verizon 4G phone?
This may be ingress on the 741 mHz channel and screwing up the modem.
Sorry for the delay. Been busy, you know how it is. Anyway, I logged onto my Ubee router/modem's site to look for the info. The DHCP lease time says "3600". I could just try to exchange the device at TWC. No other computer issues . I don't have a Verizon 4G phone. OK, about the signal levels and error logs...for the Ubee DVW32C1, either i'm stupid (which is a distinct possibility), or this modem/router's site lacks that info. Nowhere on it does it mention error logs. I googled this model and found this link, which will show you all screenshots : http://setuprouter.com/router/ubee/dvw32c1/screenshots.htm ... if you could check link that out and tell me what screen would show the info you're looking for, that'd be great. I don't know much about this stuff - but I was able to log onto the modem's site, so that's ... something. Sorry for being a moron, and thanks in advance !
Junk... 3600 seconds is one hour, change it to a day for a start...
Uh, that's trhe MFG's link, does me no good, lol..
copy and paste stuff from your modem here so we can see it,
TWC should have some technicolors which are a level better than the Ubee's but still no great prize....
Logged into the modem/routers site. Changed the lease time to a day, still having the random (yet very short) disconnects. Regarding the link I posted, yes, I know it was the MFG's link, but it does show every screen shot that you can eventually get from logging into the router/modem. I only posted that link because I have no idea which screen is the one showing the info that you need, I'm not totally sure how to actually locate and post the equipments signal levels and error log. If you look at those screenshots, maybe i'm blind, but I see no area showing an error log, and I'm not really sure where I can locate the signal leves. Sorry !