Highlighted
Expert

Re: Ping instability to the first gateway - 4 truck rolls so far

Is this a new grounding block and connectors?

If the connections were loose, corroded, that will generate all sorts of noise and create issues.

Maybe you fixed it, Need to keep an eye on the corrected/ uncorrecteds, see if they are still increasinf=g, but I'll bet there's numerous bad connections on the street if yours was in such sad shape.

Just an update. Had the 5th truck roll today. The problem seems to be getting a little worse, the latency spikes hit 210ms now with the Spectrum provided modem. I found the program "Pingplotter" and used that to make some graphs that I printed. I used the same laptop and Cat5e cable to test at 3 locations. A different Spectrum home, an AT&T residential line, and my line. This tech promised he would put it on his supervisors desk. He also said they will not fix it and that I should go to AT&T DSL. 

The point where someone decides that there is no problem and closes my ticket, I need that .......person..... to call and say it directly to me. The techs are getting annoyed and that's getting me annoyed. I'm the one paying for this junk, they are getting paid to tell me it won't get fixed.

Expert

Does the electric meter have a ground wire coming off it as well as a main breaker there?

Are all the houses wired like that? If so, there may be a lot ofnoise getting into the system

from multiple homes.

The first address beyond your modem if bad, affects everything else.

Copy and paste the signal level page, let's see if anything changed. Don't reset it