Highlighted
Contributor

Periodic Random internet outages: hitron  E31N2V1

I recently got a Hitron E31N2V1 and it is connected to a Ubiquiti Unifi USG 3P router. Periodically I get random loss of the internet. All the bells and whistles on the modem and router look fine. I even still  have local lan wifi services, its just the internet disappears and it comes back if I reset the modem/router/switch .... sometimes if I just wait 15 to 30 minutes it will come back on it's own. ....strange huh? 

It doesn't happen daily or even every other day. Its maybe once a week or every 2 weeks....

So since Spectrum in their infinite wisdom decided to lock down the Signals pages  I can't even see in the log as to what is happening at that point in time. 

And if you call Spectrum, all they do is tell you to reboot the modem/router etc and call back and talk to a real person if it doesn't fix the problem. Well of course the problem is fixed, so you don't call back and talk to a live real person who could look at your modem log at that time point and maybe see what is going on. Ahh...another catch-22. 

3 REPLIES 3
Browser

Re: Periodic Random internet outages: hitron  E31N2V1

@rocketjetz wrote:

I recently got a Hitron E31N2V1 and it is connected to a Ubiquiti Unifi USG 3P router. Periodically I get random loss of the internet. All the bells and whistles on the modem and router look fine. I even still  have local lan wifi services, its just the internet disappears and it comes back if I reset the modem/router/switch .... sometimes if I just wait 15 to 30 minutes it will come back on it's own. ....strange huh? 

It doesn't happen daily or even every other day. Its maybe once a week or every 2 weeks....

So since Spectrum in their infinite wisdom decided to lock down the Signals pages  I can't even see in the log as to what is happening at that point in time. 

And if you call Spectrum, all they do is tell you to reboot the modem/router etc and call back and talk to a real person if it doesn't fix the problem. Well of course the problem is fixed, so you don't call back and talk to a live real person who could look at your modem log at that time point and maybe see what is going on. Ahh...another catch-22. 

Just call back in to internet support and ask them to schedule a truck roll due to your internet going down repeatedly and reboots is not fixing the issue.

Lead Moderator

Hello!

I agree that you need an appointment. Reboots of the modem do not generally erase modem logs. 

If you are having repeated issues you definitely want to seek direct support. If you prefer not to phone in you can contact us via Chat or Social Media for this. 

Twitter: @Ask_Spectrum

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Spectrum

Contributor

I contacted Spectrum via facebook and they did a "software" update to my modem. I assume that means a firmware update.  Or maybe it meant a new config file..... I asked twice if it was a firmware update or a new modem config file or a signal refresh  and both times I was told it was a software update. SO we shall see if this solves the issue.