Rookie

Paying GIG install fee twice

I paid the install fee for the GIG internet a few months ago. I downgraded the service and now I want to upgrade again and I'm being told I have to pay the $200 again, can someon explain why I have to pay it again when no equipment changes were made since the first install? 

Thank You

3 REPLIES 3
Browser

Re: Paying GIG install fee twice

@nzillliox wrote:

I paid the install fee for the GIG internet a few months ago. I downgraded the service and now I want to upgrade again and I'm being told I have to pay the $200 again, can someon explain why I have to pay it again when no equipment changes were made since the first install? 

Thank You

It was not an installation fee, it was an activation fee of $199.99. Once you disconect or downgrade you Gig service you have to pay the activation fee again which is $199.99. 

Rookie

It's listed as an install fee and the rep I. spoke to indicated it's an install fee. I would even be okay paying a portion of it. No equipment needs to be installed. I understand it has a higher cost for Spectrum, but that's why I would pay more per month for it.
Observer

how did you make out there OP?? i know when i downgraded back the the 100 MBPS from the 400 MBPS i did it twice and they never charged me the upgrade fee twice!!! i told em i had the newest modem and router and it could handle up to a gig and that i should not have to pay the upgrade fee again. they waived it since a tech didn't need to come out!!!