Expert

Re: Overloaded Nodes?

splitters are usually on an unlockable grey plastic box on your house or inside somewhere. Not out on the street (which is sorta locked)

Participant

yeah that is the one I am talking about the grey box on the side of my house idk how to open it.

Participant

I called TWC yesterday night becuase my issue was even worse they are coming out tomorrow. 

Expert

isn't there a wire tie holding it shut?

I suspect a bad/corroded splitter or water in an overhead or underground chewed up line. There should be a line from the street going into the box and then several lines going out to varios points of the house. If only one in and 1 out, the splitter is in the house somewhere

Participant

The Box is locked by a screw it looks like not a normal screw a hexigon screw looks like this

http://www.toolstop.co.uk/components/com_virtuemart/shop_image/product/dede3b7991093cf8821ea7c2ab10f...

But I did go around the house just to double check to see if I have any splitters and as it turns out I do.The cable box in my living room has one the coax is from the wall is going into the splitter and the other end is going into the cable box and into an Amplifier could that what is causing my issue the amp going bad? 

Expert

Yes.... Robot Sad

what does the amplifier feed?

What model is it?

Where does it get it's power from?

A photo will help, twc has one model they install incorrectly.

ESPECIALLY WITH A WHOLEHOUSE DVR. MOCA CAN TOTALLY SCREW UP THE AMPLIFIER. MODEM MUST BE BEFORE ALL OF THAT ON A 2 WAY SPLITTER AFTER THE GROUNDING BLOCK THAT IS ON THE DROP FROM THE STREET!

Participant

So my tech went out today he stated the problem was the leasing time was off. He checked the signals and everything was ok..... I was not at home at the time so I couldn't verify what he checked but thatt is what he told my wife.
Expert

If the DHCP lease is set to an hour, not a day, or the time server is off or set to the wrong time zone, it will affect the router and usually wireless the most.

It shouldn't affect prime time coming to a halt, lol.

Copy and paste the modems signal level and error logs again, let's see what is different.

Participant

Just got home and these are my upstream signal levels.

Upstream Channel Bonding Value Index Lock Status Frequency Symbol Rate Power Level Modulation Channel ID

LockedLockedLockedLocked
24.2 MHz19.4 MHz30.6 MHz37.0 MHz
5120 Ksym/sec2560 Ksym/sec5120 Ksym/sec2560 Ksym/sec
51.0 dBmV49.8 dBmV51.0 dBmV52.2 dBmV
ATDMATDMAATDMAATDMA
Expert

that's on the "too high, almost at max" point.... Bet you still will have issues...Robot Sad

Get me a model # of the amplifier and maybe a picture of how it's connected, where the ports go.

Putting an amp on a WHDVR setup is sketchy, most are wrong.