Participant

Re: Overloaded Nodes?

Gotcha I do utalize both signals at my house hold however do you sugguest I only use one? Also I do apologize I am unable to find the modem signals.The options I have are as followed.

http://m.setuprouter.com/router/technicolor/tc8717t/status-68332.jpg

This is just an example and ill post whats under each tab.
Gateway: At a glance(refreshes front page which displays home network and connected devices)
connections>Status,Wan network,Local Ip address,wifi and moca.
Firewall:Fire wall settings,IPV4,IPV6,software, hardwear and wizard
Connected Devices: Just displays connected devices.
Parentel ControlSmiley Frustratedtandard Parental Control connections.
Advanced: Port Forwarding, Port Triggering, IP filtering, Qos,DMZ, Dynamic DNS, Device manager and Advanced Options.
Troubleshooting:Logs(Which is where I got the logs from above and i can grab firewall logs.

----------Diagnostic Tools:Lets me test connections to specific sites and allows me to check IPV4 addresses and IPV6 address
Reboot Gateway: Simple reboot
Change Password/Username: Change login information into the modem.

So I still can't find the information as requested..... Unless there is another way for me to obtain them I do apologize. 

Sharer

I haven't used that modem, but looking at the manual and your screenshot, you may find the Signal Levels (upstream and downstream) in a sub-menu of the Connection menu item on the left, if you click the arrow to the left of the word 'Connection".   It may be in the Status sub-menu.

Participant

I double checked and the only thing I see under the connection tab is,

Connections: Status,Wan network,Local Ip address,wifi and moca.

Participant

I just found my signal levels I believe I do aplogize for my amature level here lol. I believe this is what you are looking for.

Upstream Channel Bonding Value Index Lock Status Frequency Symbol Rate Power Level Modulation Channel ID

LockedLockedNot lockedNot locked
30.6 MHz24.2 MHz  
5120 Ksym/sec5120 Ksym/sec  
50.8 dBmV49.3 dBmV  
ATDMAATDMA  

Downstream Channel Bonding Value Index Lock Status Frequency SNR Power Modulation

LockedLockedLockedLockedLockedLockedLockedLockedLockedLockedLockedLockedLockedLockedLockedLocked
555 MHz489 MHz495 MHz501 MHz507 MHz513 MHz519 MHz525 MHz531 MHz537 MHz543 MHz549 MHz483 MHz561 MHz567 MHz573 MHz
39.3 dB40.9 dB39.1 dB40.3 dB39.7 dB40.0 dB40.0 dB39.9 dB39.9 dB39.7 dB39.4 dB39.0 dB40.7 dB39.1 dB38.7 dB39.1 dB
-5.8 dBmV-3.6 dBmV-3.9 dBmV-4.0 dBmV-4.5 dBmV-4.6 dBmV-4.7 dBmV-4.9 dBmV-4.9 dBmV-5.3 dBmV-5.8 dBmV-6.4 dBmV-3.5 dBmV-6.1 dBmV-6.2 dBmV-5.9 dBmV
256 QAM256 QAM256 QAM256 QAM256 QAM256 QAM256 QAM256 QAM256 QAM256 QAM256 QAM256 QAM256 QAM256 QAM256 QAM256 QAM
Expert

looks like too many splitters inline, you should have 4 upstream channels for a start.

That's part if not all the problem.

If you're internet only, should be no splitters, if you have TV, modem MUST BE on the first 2 way splitter after the grounding block and there can't be any open ports or corroded connections.

Participant

I actually don't have any splitters the modem has a direct connection too the Cable outlet on the wall the only thing that is different is there is a weird metal piece on the Coax Cable that is then attached to the modem itself. 

Edit:I double checked on the metal piece so there is a metal piece that is connected to the coax and that metal piece then connects to the back of the modem.That metal pice on it has lettering stats PPC 075

Sharer

The splitter or splitters would be in/at the cable box or pedestal outside.   The cable outlet on your interior wall goes through the wall to the connection outside, that's where splitters may be.

Participant

Since I do not have acess to the junction box and if I did wouldn't know a thing about making sure its has a direct connection would you sugguest I call and schedule a trouble call? 

Expert

@Wolfsocean wrote:

I actually don't have any splitters the modem has a direct connection too the Cable outlet on the wall the only thing that is different is there is a weird metal piece on the Coax Cable that is then attached to the modem itself. 

Edit:I double checked on the metal piece so there is a metal piece that is connected to the coax and that metal piece then connects to the back of the modem.That metal pice on it has lettering stats PPC 075

Is this an inline metal can and does it have any more numbers or letters or a color band on it?

Do you have cable TV?

Participant

Yes it does it has a red strip that circles around it.It Says "PPC075  MF16C" And I do have cable TV as well but they are all using seperate outlets.I have  Four boxes. also here are some of the traces I did using the program I had mentioned earlier. Riot Games are the Creators of the game that I play that I am having an issue with. and that is a notepad file.

https://support.riotgames.com/attachments/token/atfFIH8EvvZ2pnpgmCR4emuZp/?name=League+ping+2.txt