Contributor

Re: Only the 5hz works.

Is there a MAC address restriction settings in the 6350.

Not applicable

there is not.
Expert

try turning the 2.4 gHz radio off then back on....

Does it have different security settings than the 5.8 gHz?

Or is it set to guest mode wifi?

Not applicable

I turned it on and off and only one laptop can get the 2.4hz that samw laptop wont read that the 5hz is available. All the other computers and items won't pick up the 2.4. I'm considering just getting a different router.
Proven Sharer

@karlbeckman wrote:
[...  edited ...]

The 2.4  and 5 GHz WiFi band radios both always transmit the same data, though sometimes at different speeds over the air.   Nothing on the cable system side of the modem will cause one WiFi band to not work; it takes a command from the user network to turn off the radio for that band, unless you have enabled remote network access to your router. 

[...  edited ...]

My apologies, it's correction time here in the Connectivity forum:

What I quoted from my previous posting in this thread USED to be true until LinkSys came up with some new multi-band multi-antenna WiFi router designs that can split out DIFFERENT data for each of the three WiFi bands.  Each band can talk separately to a single connected WiFi device, up to three maximum.  It sounds great for streaming video and gaming if you only have a total of 3 wireless connections at one time.  I haven't seen a comment on what will happen when device #4 comes within range.