Participant

Re: Ongoing connectivity issues / T3 timeouts

Updated signals as of 12pm

Channel ID
Frequency525000000 Hz 537000000 Hz 543000000 Hz 549000000 Hz 
Signal to Noise Ratio37 dB 37 dB 37 dB 37 dB 
Downstream ModulationQAM256 QAM256 QAM256 QAM256 
Power Level
The Downstream Power Level reading is a snapshot taken at the time this page was requested. Please Reload/Refresh this Page for a new reading
1 dBmV  1 dBmV  0 dBmV  1 dBmV  

UpstreamBonding Channel Value
Channel ID
Frequency30600000 Hz 19400000 Hz 24200000 Hz 37000000 Hz 
Ranging Service ID15638 15638 15638 15638 
Symbol Rate5.120 Msym/sec 2.560 Msym/sec 5.120 Msym/sec 2.560 Msym/sec 
Power Level45 dBmV 45 dBmV 44 dBmV 45 dBmV 
Upstream Modulation[3] QPSK
[3] 64QAM

[3] QPSK
[2] 16QAM

[3] QPSK
[3] 64QAM

[3] QPSK
[2] 16QAM

Ranging StatusSuccess Success Retries Exceed Success 

Signal Stats (Codewords)Bonding Channel Value
Channel ID
Total Unerrored Codewords2637325768 2637325857 2637325858 2637324979 
Total Correctable Codewords18 21 19 51 
Total Uncorrectable Codewords708 615 618 1519 
Expert

I liked seeing the +5 levels from the previous post more than the +1... but it appears the correcteds/ uncorrecteds are low and s/n is still good. Keep an eye on this. If twc is done and levels still keep hopping around, they still have a problem somewhere.

Spectrum Employee

@MsRaye wrote:

I liked seeing the +5 levels from the previous post more than the +1... but it appears the correcteds/ uncorrecteds are low and s/n is still good. Keep an eye on this. If twc is done and levels still keep hopping around, they still have a problem somewhere.

I looked into this, and Node 6005 did an auto adjust between those two posting.  That's the system doing what it's supposed to do.

My postings on this site are my own, off-the-clock, and don’t necessarily represent TWC’s/Charter's strategies or opinions.
Participant

@MsRaye wrote:

Isn't 0 the ideal balance for the downstream, though?

Since it was no greater than ~5 last night with cold temperatures, and ~0 during the day with warmer temperatures, I'd assume the AGC is doing it's job properly?

Expert

I'm on 30 year old amps here and my levels vary only a dB over 60 degree temperature changes. My s/n drops 1 dB when temps drop below 10 FWoman Sad

0 is not optimum if there's no splitters connected. It should be +3 to +10 with a short drop to the pole

You really need to wait on TWC to call you back, they usually do when line issues out on the streets are repaired.

That can take a week.

Woman Sad

Highlighted
Participant

@MsRaye wrote:

0 is not optimum if there's no splitters connected. It should be +3 to +10 with a short drop to the pole

But +10 and +11db is too much for the modem... And that, plus the numerous errored codewords, was the entire reason for the bucket truck in the first place. So, now, you're confusing me...

Either way, I'll be giving an update to yesterday's techs on Sunday. And they also said to call them specifically if I have any more connection issues, which is nice because they're actually familiar with my area.

I'll definitely call them when something goes awry - been doing so for the past half-year and it's finally paying off.

The squeakiest wheel gets oiled first, as they say. Smiley Wink

Expert

Modems supposedly work in the -15 to + 15 range. But that depends on the S/N and whatever is happenning on channels above and below the qam data channels and the quantity of users and their usage on the node.

With 8 channels, it get's a little narrower. When s/n gets lower the rf DB range get's smaller  as you get further from the CMTS, the range get's smaller

Most people had a cable box and modem, that throws 3.5 dB of loss in  also back in the days of docsis 2 single channel modems... All of that has changed, everything is more critical

next, AGC looks at the pilot level and adjusts gain to keep it constant.

It shouldn't be varying that much unless there's broken connections, bad amps or twc's out making adjustments

Newcomer

I have had the same problem since April.  About 7 calls including with a supervisor.  I print out the info and not a tech yet has been very interested in it.  I;ve been told it's my devices, I need RF film on windows.  A supervisor named Nate seems to thinks it's because I have a Roku although I've told him I've trouble shooted with the device not being connected.  I get speeds just over 1 at times, get kicked off, can't connect with even one device!  I already pay more than I should for this unreliable internet, and now my bill has gone up.  I will be so gland when Google comes here!

Expert

Start a new thread with your location and modem signal level and error log pages... Window film? That's a new one from uneducated people, Woman LOL