Highlighted
Rookie

Not getting expected internet speeds.

I was recently issued a new modem and I was told that I would get 200 Mbps speeds and online offers state 100Mbps. I have done several speed tests, connected via ethernet, not wifi. I am only getting  speeds like 10-13  Mbps.  These speed tests were performed using the Spectrum own online speed test.

713112087.png713112034.pngCapture.JPG

25 REPLIES 25
Highlighted
Sharer

Re: Not getting expected internet speeds.

What did Spectrum support say when you contacted them to check the signal going to your house?
Highlighted
Rookie

I didn't have a chance to call but I will let this thread know what they say.
Highlighted
Expert

copy and paste the modems signal level and error log pages for a start.

Use a different cat5e cable,

What modem and router are you using?

Highlighted
Newcomer

For two weeks my speeds have gone from 60 mbs down to 5 mbs down.  The 5 mbs down WILL affect your ability to stream movies!!  The issue with Spectrum/TimeWarner has gotten so bad, my Roku was cutting out multitudes of time, Every 5 minutes....All in all the service has uptimes of probably 95+ percent, can you imagine if your electric had 95% consistency, your cell phone, how bout water or natural gas heat......Not acceptable...I am calling the FCC immediately, once the Federal Government opens again......Happy 1st y'all.

Highlighted
Rookie

I am using a new ARRIS TM1602AP2. At first I used my existing cat5e cable, but this morning I switched to the new cat5e cable that came with the new router. I also replaced my coaxile cable with a new short 3 foot cable. I see little difference. I am using a Linksys EA6900 wifi router. I just enabled logging on my router. Is this the information you want to see?

Today-1-1-18.pnglog1.jpg
Highlighted
Expert

No, log into 192.168.100.1

UP/downstream levels and the error/event log pages.

BTW, where are you in Ohio? Sometime between 8am and 1 pm, some of their CMTS servers did a resetI had to reboot the modem and I now see different (and in the damned 4G LTE band) DS channels)

It was also near 10 below this morning and it's also a new year, lol.

Highlighted
Rookie

Touchstone Status_Page_1.jpg

Highlighted
Rookie

Yes I am in Ohio

Touchstone Event Log.jpg

Highlighted
Expert

They've jacked up Ohio today, I see the same "illegal set" lines and also lost service on the high 600 mHz channels, a reset shoved me up into the 700's changed my home ch from 687 to 711  and it apears  they are trying to create a 192 mHz ortho channel for 1 gbs service...

Your signals tell me a lot.

First of all, the first channel sucks... It's the home ch and needs to be corrected free. It assigns bits of bonded data to other low traffic channels. Correcteds on it can cut speeds way down

Next, I see correcteds adding up in the 700 mHz 4G LTE range, looks like Verizon and others.

I'll bet the modem was just reset, those counts look low but , need to see what those numbers look like after a couple of hours.

You have an ingress issue, something is corroded or loose. go thru and break loose then snug everything to around 10 inch lbs with a 7/16 wrench. keep hones at least 6' away from the modem, splitters, cable boxes

Doing a factory reset should give you a different home channel