Expert

Re: Not getting expected internet speeds.

You need to disconnect all devices except the test computer and see if you get the max speeds...

If so, one or several devices are hoarding bandwidth .

Get a router with QOS and restrict all devices to 25%

That should divide up the bandwidth more equally.

A good router will also show monthly BW for each device.

Rookie

Thank you all for your help. I feel so silly for not really knowing how my router works. I know know that when I put a few devices into the "Media Prioritization" it had a default downstream bandwith value of ~24 Mbps per device. I never set the Mbps myself so I was clueless. My router seems to only allow me to set the Max downstream bandwith for Priority devices to 50 Mbps. This must be a limitation of the router. When I turned off Media Prioritization, I got my full 200 Mbps promised by Spectrum. Thank you for all I have learned.

bw set to 50 MbpsMedia Prioritization OFF

Expert

that's a subset of QOS but it should only affect video streams.. odd that it's affecting all files including speedtests (although they are flash) is this listed under the QOS tab?

QOS is there to prevent devices from hoarding all available bandwidth, like onedrive/cloud/dropbox/sync that will use the max blocking everything else till their transfer is done.

the win 10 peer to peer updater is another and it will suck up all the US bandwidth.

Thanks for the update , no one here is familiar with all routers we can only tell you what to try, where too look.

Rookie

Yes there are so many menus that have many levels on my Linksys smart router.  I never took the time to fiddle with it much because when I got it is was a quantum leap for my house. My old router used to not release ip addresses, I had to reboot it every time I wanted to stream.  

I didn't find a QOS tab in my smart router..but linksys now has a bunch of routers surpassing mine that might have more advanced functions. 

Yes I witnessed the dropbox sync hogging when I have a lot to sync. 

Thanks again

Expert

should be a lan or advanced option...

Highlighted
Proven Sharer

No need to apologize.  We ALL have those problems whenever the equipment tries to be smarter than the people who are using it and the manufacturer doesn't put any details in the quick-start guides!