Not applicable

No button to click to install spectrum wifi profile on Andriod

I am using an Android phone and when I click on the "install spectrum wifi profile", it takes me to a screen explaining it, but I can't actually download it. From that screen there is no button, link, etc to actually download the profile. 

Does anyone know how to get it to actually work? I've cleared my cache, cleared my data from the spectrum app, cleared any old wifi names from my auto-connect list, restarted phone. I am on home wi-fi while trying to do this - so I know I have an internet connection.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Sharer

Re: No button to click to install spectrum wifi profile on Andriod

IIRC, that is for connecting to your Wi-Fi hotspots around town. So you likely won't see it do anything when on your home Wi-Fi, but when you are out and about near the major shopping areas and such where they likely put up the hotspots.
Newcomer

Re: No button to click to install spectrum wifi profile on Andriod

On Android, the app will automatically provision the network information once you've signed into the My Spectrum app. Check your Wi-Fi Settings to see if networks like SpectrumWiFi Plus, TWCWiFi-Passpoint, or CableWiFi have been added. Some phones will also show that they are being managed by the My Spectrum app, as proof of provisioning.

The "Install Profile" page is mostly intended for iOS devices, since iOS limits what apps can do. Any automatic configuration of system preferences has to go through an approval process, and the only thing the app can do is redirect to a page which then tells the iPhone to download the profiles.