Not applicable

No Ranging Response received

I have been losing connection several times a day but it will reconnect on its own after a few minutes.  Screenshot_62.pngScreenshot_63.png

9 REPLIES
Helper

Re: No Ranging Response received

Post signal levels.

Where is modem connected in relation to the main line at the demarc? Splitters? Amps?

Not applicable

Screenshot_64.png

Not applicable

Didn't have this problem til a week or 2 ago.  Just curious if its a TWC problem or my router/modem problem

Helper

It's rarely a modem problem. You have a coax problem.  Ensure all connections are tight, any exposed coax is not damaged or rodent-chewed, etc. The downstream power levels are all over the place and you should probably have 4 upstream channels. 

Where is the modem from the point the coax enters your house?

Not applicable

From what i can decern it comes through the floor to a splitter and one goes to my cable box and one goes to the modem

Not applicable

I have 2 boxes and a amp installed but how its all connected i don't know.  I do know the connections are tight from where it comes through the floor to the splitter to the modem

Helper

You definitely need a service visit to get a tech out to inspect everything. If you're in a single family residence, ideally the main from the street or pole would have a 2-way splitter with one leg to the modem and the other to your tvs. If you're in a condo/apartment, the main is likely split dozens of times with multiple amps and the wiring could be a huge mess. 

Not applicable

single residence with 2 boxes and one modem

Highlighted
Proven Sharer

I agree that you DEFINITELY have a problem with wide variation in signal levels coming in from the cable system.  As for the in-home wiring, your install should be using a 3-Way splitter coming in from the street, with the two set-top boxes connected to the -7 dB ports and  the cable internet modem wired to the -3.5 dB port.  No amplifiers, no extra unused ports.