Rookie

New Home Construction

Hi there. 

I'm looking to build a house on some vacant land (with no current address yet), in Northwest Pennsylvania. I would prefer to have cable TV and internet. It's a larger property, with multiple options for running cable. The preferred option is to run the length of cable about 800 feet underground to the road. Is there a general "dollar per foot" rule when dealing like this? For example, the electric company said that it was usually about "$20 per foot" for their service to be run. I'm sure there are a number of different variables.

What about a phone number or contact for Spectrum construction?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Proven Sharer

Re: New Home Construction

I'm NOT a Spectrum representative, just a forum contributor:  You may find it more cost-effective and easier to manage if you hire a local electrical contractor to dig one utility trench, bury the electric service feed cable, and also install separate watertight conduits underground for telephone and Spectrum street feeds.  The conduits will each need a looped pull rope so they can be serviced separately. 

Rookie

@karlbeckman wrote:

I'm NOT a Spectrum representative, just a forum contributor:  You may find it more cost-effective and easier to manage if you hire a local electrical contractor to dig one utility trench, bury the electric service feed cable, and also install separate watertight conduits underground for telephone and Spectrum street feeds.  The conduits will each need a looped pull rope so they can be serviced separately. 

Thanks!

So you think that's a possiblity, eh? Essentially doing the work myself (in the eyes of Spectrum, but really done by a contractor)? Luckily, I have access to an excavator to do digging myself.

Community Manager

@joeyd71

If you contact us directly, we can set up a site survey for the location where you plan to build and our construction team can provide an estimate of the cost to install services.  

Please contact us at: 

• 1-855-70-SPECTRUM (855-707-7328)